Discontinued face cream

I have just found out the Boots has discontinued its outstanding Traditional A&E cream :mad: Whilst I have used other creams with a good success rate, this cream has been a revelation and never let me down no matter what my skin is doing, its been going for about 50 years and I've been using it for two, to say I am devasted is no understatement .

I just needed a little rant and any suggestions for an alternative, I have combination sensitive skin and am heading towards 50, I don't need any anti-aging products as I have botox and fillers, just something non-oily, not too perfumed and hydrating and preferably decent value :)

For all the long-term users on here, this may be a new account but I used to be a regular poster on this board, username glowgirl :)

Comments

• I don’t know what sort of cream A &E is , but check out First Aid Beauty, it’s
    an American brand which I sometimes use in Winter when I need something that’s not as light as I use in Summer.
    It’s sold quite widely on Internet beauty sites
    HTH
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,682 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Is it too late to stockpile?
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • suejb2
    suejb2 Posts: 1,918 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    There's Strictly Professional A&E cream on Ebay. Not sure if it's the same product.
    Life is like a bath, the longer you are in it the more wrinkly you become.
  • Captain_Bluebear
    Captain_Bluebear Posts: 213 Forumite
    First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 20 January 2018 at 1:46AM
    NOOOOO!

I've also been using it for about 2 years OP. I have about half a tub left and went to pick up another pot last week only to find none there. I was really hoping it was just my local boots.

I noticed their cold cream was also missing. Is this a goner too?

Thanks for the heads up though.

Blue

(Edited to add - Due to my user name, I hope you don't think I'm taking the Mick. I'm a 43 year old female with a weird taste in literature! It was an ill advised username that I REALLY didn't think through!)
  • Emmala
    Emmala Posts: 428 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    The cold cream has been gone a little while now, I hadn’t realised the face cream was going too. Astral is very similar.
  • panagia
    panagia Posts: 152 Forumite
    I'm glad I found this thread, thanks for the heads-up. Sadly it looks like Boots are getting rid of their 'traditional' skin care product range, one by one. (For years I used to use their cold cream, until it got discontinued) They're still selling the skin cream, if that's any use to you, OP? I think I might stock up on it while I can, as I suspect it's only a matter of time before that one goes as well.

Astral is nice but very perfumed, if you don't mind that. I prefer something less fragrant for my face but love it as a body moisturiser.
  • WeAreGhosts
    WeAreGhosts Posts: 3,099 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I also have combination skin and have tried loads of moisturisers over the past few years.
    The ones I keep coming back to are:
    Body Shop Seaweed Oil Control Gel Cream, Nuxe Creme Prodigieuse Anti Fatigue Moisturising Cream for Normal/Combination skin & my current favourite (which was a complete fluke, never expected it to work) is Jason Soothing 98% Aloe Vera Gel. I've not experience any oiliness with the Jason moisturiser at all, which is a miracle for me! Not even sure it's supposed to be a facial moisturiser, but I read some reviews that said it worked.
  • serena9
    serena9 Posts: 108 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    elsien wrote: »
    Is it too late to stockpile?

I am stockpiled a bit but it's not enough and unfortunately, it is too late.
  • serena9
    suejb2 wrote: »
    There's Strictly Professional A&E cream on Ebay. Not sure if it's the same product.

Its different but thank you.
  • serena9
    edited 22 January 2018 at 2:32PM
    NOOOOO!

I've also been using it for about 2 years OP. I have about half a tub left and went to pick up another pot last week only to find none there. I was really hoping it was just my local boots.

I noticed their cold cream was also missing. Is this a goner too?

Thanks for the heads up though.

Blue

(Edited to add - Due to my user name, I hope you don't think I'm taking the Mick. I'm a 43 year old female with a weird taste in literature! It was an ill advised username that I REALLY didn't think through!)
    I'm sorry you have to feel the pain too :rotfl: they stopped the cold cream first but there's the ponds alternative and nothing instead of the A&E cream though, looking at the ingredients we need something paraffin based, I'll do a bit of research this week and report back :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure