BT/openreach

Anyone know an email addy for someone in BT Business who can chase things up? We've been without a business line since 21/12 and Openreach have been looking into it ever since. As of today they have (supposedly) found another fault ,under a road, which will require traffic lights etc and won't be looked at until 28/01. They've already been down 2 manholes but to no avail. Luckily this time of year is very quiet, phone wise, but it will soon pick up and I want to be prepared. At present I have little confidence that Openreach will solve the problem soon.
I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.

Comments

• Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,298 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Only avenue is to go direct to complaint rather than by faults

BT have no influence on openreach at all

Digging up roads etc often needs permit to work from the local councils , so no instant decision.

If the cables also supplying hospitals or other high importance customers then it's planned works , which also delays
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • Thanks. Just had a pair of nice openreach guys actually test the phone and the fault now seems to be in a box 450m away. Fingers crossed, if its the box then no digging of the A21 will be needed. When fixed I hope the compensation pays for the months rental.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,298 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    The openreach hand line tester they use these days is pretty accurate
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    . When fixed I hope the compensation pays for the months rental.

Thats going to depend upon your terms and conditions .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure