We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Growing Daffodil in tubs

Hi I planted some Daffodils in early spring in some plastic tubs(I forgot to put pebbles in the bottom so had to make slits in the bottom/side.

They have came up well and I would say they are about 3" tall now and quite thick green coloured.

Could I take these out of the containers now to place into nice planters and closer together as again put them quite far apart being new at having a garden :)

We are using containers/planters as the garden is all paving and decking.

thanks

Comments

• Antispam
    Antispam Posts: 6,636 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Yes you should be able to move them as long as your careful and put in at right depth
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,199 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Make sure there are holes in the base of your new pots / tubs / planters

Pebbles in the bottom are insufficient, you need excess water to drain out and not make the thing waterlogged
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • Antispam
    Antispam Posts: 6,636 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Yes fairway is right about drainage holes if they arent any despite using pebbles the pots can get waterlogged. I always plant bulbs in pots I tend to get dwarf varieties and then sink pots in ground or plant them in toughs I made with decking boards .That way when they finished I take pots out and plant annuals or dahlia's later in the year
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure