Don't know where to start! £10k debt

Options

Comments

• WannabeRich
    Options
    Yes, he knows. I feel bad getting him to help me pay off my own debts though. I dunno.

He works, he earns £41k. Last year I earned £14k.
  • Little_Miss_Winner
    Options
    Yes, he knows. I feel bad getting him to help me pay off my own debts though. I dunno.

How long have you been married and live in the house you are in now?
  • WannabeRich
    Options
    Married in 2015. I bought the house in 2014 and we moved in together 6 months before we got married - why?
  • Little_Miss_Winner
    Options
    Married in 2015. I bought the house in 2014 and we moved in together 6 months before we got married - why?

Just wondered if you were newly married and he had just movied in. The house is worth £299k and you owe £122k so I was just thinking if you were newly married and he had just moved into a house with 122k already paid off - then I would have no qualms asking him to help with my 10k debt :D
  • Little_Miss_Winner
    Options

OMG!!! :eek: you need to sit and have a discussion with him.

I know the children are yours, BUT he barely pays the mortgage payment, and on wages of 41k I am sure he could up that a little bit to help out. He has offered - you need to re-open that conversation!
  • WannabeRich
    Options
    It's all my money in the house - I had a huge (post-divorce) deposit of £135k and I've always been good at securing a low rate. Plus I overpay that at £100/month which probably makes no financial sense ATM but it makes me feel more secure somehow.
  • fIIsion
    fIIsion Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    Call me old fashioned but I just prefer to use a notepad and pen rather than using a mobile phone app. Keeping a written record of my expenditure/debt helped me to be more disiciplined about money in general.
    House deposit..............£30000 :j
  • Little_Miss_Winner
    Options
    It's all my money in the house - I had a huge (post-divorce) deposit of £135k and I've always been good at securing a low rate. Plus I overpay that at £100/month which probably makes no financial sense ATM but it makes me feel more secure somehow.
    Yes i get that - but he's your Next of Kin now - so that 135k is in his best interest too. You need discussions with him.
    He's clearing at least £2.5k a month!!
  • WannabeRich
    Options
    What do I say????
  • Little_Miss_Winner
    Options
    Just wondered if you were newly married and he had just movied in. The house is worth £299k and you owe £122k so I was just thinking if you were newly married and he had just moved into a house with 122k already paid off - then I would have no qualms asking him to help with my 10k debt :D

Actually my figures are wrong £177k been paid off. So the £122k is remaining.

He needs to help you out with the 10k you owe! ;) and i think he probably already knows this!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure