Why can't I join the party?

Options
Apparently, FCA and cohorts are spending millions since August 2017 seeking any latecomer victims of "PPI" to register for compensation payout. I didn't think it applied to me until someone suggested I should be, as even those who were Provider-rejected (fobbed off) earlier should try again. I deserve redress, and as Dan Hyde (Money Mail) states, "Your right to justice musn't fade with time - TOO RIGHT!
Also, the financial regulators believe they "are real people who care about your financial well-being"; the FO goes on to highlight the emotional turmoil, etc,this (LATEST) financial mis-selling has garnered - huh, try wearing MY mocassins!. I could weep at it all.
But what about those people who were likewise victims prior to the buzword "scam"; who not only lost financially, but mentally, psychologically, and every which way but loose? Yet are STILL counting the cost; still emotionally scarred which nowadays is alluded to as PSTD.
FSCS was set up in the 2000s SOLELY because people like me were THEN naive, innocent victims. I was, I quote: "seen as a single woman with no one to fight for her and therefore an EASY KILLING". They didn't kill me, just scraped out my insides, leaving a shell of who I once was. I am still not recovered, now a traumatised 70-odd year old, who has been subsisting years in her car (and with all the brik-bats and police harassment, that entails) purely because I had stupidly trusted all the wrong people, believing they wee the 'experts' and like a lamb led to the slaughter, I was sold a pup (or ten). I belatedly found out, when the s*** hit the fan, and the reality of my sting, set in.
Here, I was going to provide a synopsis of how I was raped of absolutely everything I once had just 24 hours beforehand; including my entire equity of £250,000. But even years down the line, it still manages to push me to the brink again, at the mere thought of those thugs, including solicitor and Lloyds. So I can't do it. Awwww, no one will ever know now - I won't even be a statistic.
How very clever to START commiserating with victims from 2004. The real holocaust WE ALL KNOW was before then. Yes, the regulators have always protect their own 'industry' while pretending to the world they are the "good guys" caring for victims. Well, I too deserve. But thanks to my inability to fit pigeon-holes and/or tick boxes, I have now become a victim of financial shenanigans twice over now. Karma, to those smug enough to stand by and do nothing. [Note: I have left out the "good men" from that saying - there are no such]. :money::mad:

Comments

• meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    So, why do you think you "deserve" redress ? Your post is a tad dramatic to say the least !
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I didn't think it applied to me until someone suggested I should be, as even those who were Provider-rejected (fobbed off) earlier should try again.

The complaints process allows firms to bar repeat requests and in the majority of cases that is what happens. In a small number of cases, they have been reopened. However, that is with the banks that were told to reopen old cases by the regulator. Most have not been told. By complaining again, those people just brought their case to the front. The bank would have got round to it in their backlog without a repeat.
    I deserve redress, and as Dan Hyde (Money Mail) states, "Your right to justice musn't fade with time - TOO RIGHT!

Really? Clearly he doesnt know English law. Timebars and barring occur across all walks of life.
    FSCS was set up in the 2000s SOLELY because people like me were THEN naive, innocent victims.

it was set up in 1988.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • sun73
    sun73 Posts: 498 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Please tell us what happened and how we can help you on the "ppi and other insurance forum"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure