We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
How late does a payment have to be?
DanCFox
Posts: 2 Newbie
Hi looking for some advice if poss.
I have just checked my credit report to find a late payment against my Halifax Loan. The payment due date was the 15th Dec, and I made payment on the 3rd January. I thought that a late payment would only show up on your credit file if it was 30days late?
The lady on the phone at Halifax said that a payment must be made within the same calendar month otherwise it gets reported on your credit file as a late/missed payment - this seems ridiculous as if your payment was due on say the 28th of the month, and you missed it by 4 days, you would have a late payment on your file??
Is there anything I can do?
Thanks in advance
Dan
I have just checked my credit report to find a late payment against my Halifax Loan. The payment due date was the 15th Dec, and I made payment on the 3rd January. I thought that a late payment would only show up on your credit file if it was 30days late?
The lady on the phone at Halifax said that a payment must be made within the same calendar month otherwise it gets reported on your credit file as a late/missed payment - this seems ridiculous as if your payment was due on say the 28th of the month, and you missed it by 4 days, you would have a late payment on your file??
Is there anything I can do?
Thanks in advance
Dan
0
Comments
-
It can be a day late and reported as such.
You can ask them nicely to remove it, but they're under no obligation to do so.
A DD would be a good idea for a loan.0 -
I had a DD which was cancelled (without my knowledge) by my ex partner. We are getting a divorce and she put the account into dispute so it’s frozen so nothing can go in or out. As soon as I found out about the payment I paid it.
So seriously, you can miss a payment by 1 day and it can go on your credit file? I always thought you would have to be 30 days late ....0 -
Late is late, it all depends on the reporting cycle and T&Cs of the lender.
Never associate with idiots on their own level, because, being an intelligent man, you'll try to deal with them on their level - and on their level they'll beat you every time.
Being hated by idiots is the price you pay for not being one of them.
Jean Cocteau 1889-1963
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
