MBNA NOSIA Refund Letter - Hoax?

Options
2»

Comments

• alijcam
    Options
    Out of the blue a cheque for 13+K from MBNA!! Went STRAIGHT to the bank.
    I can only guess they had auditors in that prompted the investigation.
    Certainly worth writing to any other card companies you use...
  • Luckyguy
    Options
    This is not a hoax. I received a letter last week from them stating that I am due £19k and I phoned to confirm. It dates back to a NOSIA in 2010 that was not worded properly and i am due all interest and fees since that date. I am horrified that I have paid that amount over time but consider myself extremely fortunate. The companies are having to do this must be livid.
    Back then I was in right mess with several cards and loans etc and I have worked to reduce them considerably since then. Ironically this is not the first time this has happened - its my third. I have had payouts also from Cahoot and Barclays for a loan in the past two years because of an incorrect NOSIA. They were for 4K and 7k. Needless to say they really helped and now I am debt free because of these but the thing to realise this is not free money. I did pay these amounts to these companies as interest on debt from money I earned. It is just sheer luck that they are being refunded.

I am very lucky man but I would have preferred not to get into such debt in the first place. It!!!8217;s a salutary lesson not to take out those cards and loans etc.
  • Kaz1960
    Kaz1960 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    How long did it take to receive your cheque.
  • npetrol
    Options
    I had an MBNA credit card which I couldn't pay; it was passed to Lowells (I think it was them) and I negotiated a much lower lump sum payment to clear the debt. I have now received a letter from MBNA saying I had nearly £1100 owing but that they were sending over £900 to Lowells and only £180 me. Does that sound right?
  • jonesMUFCforever
    Options
    npetrol wrote: »
    I had an MBNA credit card which I couldn't pay; it was passed to Lowells (I think it was them) and I negotiated a much lower lump sum payment to clear the debt. I have now received a letter from MBNA saying I had nearly £1100 owing but that they were sending over £900 to Lowells and only £180 me. Does that sound right?

Yes - if the debt was sold on.
  • markopoloman
    Options
    Hi, I got one of these letters today also. Refund amount was £1700...

But it says it was credited with Cabot Financial - the company the card debt was sold on to. Does this mean no chance of seeing that money and Cabot, even though the debt was wiped off by Bankruptcy 6 years ago, will stay with them? I'm assuming it will. :(
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    The redress will go towards any unpaid debt.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure