IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Horizon NTK

Options
Hello, its been a while but I'm back again, a slightly different issue this time

Ok I've re-read the newbies thread and can't see anything that really matches our situation. We've received a NTK from Horizon for the Blackpool Sainsbury's car park BUT the problem is we weren't there, neither was our car and we live some 2 hour drive away.

Obviously (tongue in cheek) I have my doubts about the legitimacy of the pictures, using my untrained eye, they look wrong and having been bit once previously we intend to appeal following their appeals process. However I'd be grateful for some advice on where to start, I can't use the templates letter as we weren't actually there. A search of threads that mention Horizon also doesn't really bring anything up for this situation.

Am i better going down the route of of the BPA code of Practice Appendix B, Parking tickets, Section B7 Photographs? Any advise would be more than welcome.

Many thanks

Comments

• bergkamp
    bergkamp Posts: 356 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Are you stating the date is wrong? Or the car has never been there?
  • gailmartin1969
    gailmartin1969 Posts: 17 Forumite
    edited 16 January 2018 at 9:55AM
    Options
    It was never there. It was sat on the drive at home the whole time horizon said it was parked in Blackpool

Thanks
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,083 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You don't need to search for identical Horizon posts on here, the PPC is largely irrelevant really, this is most probably down to their useless ANPR system similar to here>

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5774662&highlight=cloned
  • gailmartin1969
    Options
    Thanks Fisherjim . We dont believe the car has been cloned but pictures doctored.. Everything on that letter compared to the evidence they've sent is incorrect and I'll definitely be reporting to both establishments.

I'm even contemplating contacting action fraud too. Cos it is. But back to the letter. Should I state all the abnormalities in their online appeals and the evidence also?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Is the vehicle shown in the two photos the same make and model as yours? Are there any distinguishing features on your own (or the one in the photos) that can conclusively separate the vehicles from each other?

Do you have proof that you were somewhere else on the day?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • gailmartin1969
    Options
    To be fair Umkomaa the photo is that bad you can't make out or see the registration clearly or the colour of the car, and yes our reg plate does have marks on which you can clearly see which are not shown on the so called evidence photos.

No I'm afraid there are no pictures of our car elsewhere at the time.
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    I would compose your own challenge telling them that neither you nor your vehicle were within x hours/x miles of the car park. Inform them you are copying this challenge to your MP as well as the DVLA and the BPA as their assertion that you/vehicle were at this car park is absolutely unfounded. Ask them to double check their records and images.

david.dunford@dvla.gsi.gov.uk

aos@britishparking.co.uk - FTAO Mr Steve Clark
    our reg plate does have marks on which you can clearly see which are not shown on the so called evidence photos
    The ‘photo’ of your number plate is not actually a photograph of it, it is a facsimile with a VRM superimposed on it. So it won’t show any distinguishing marks from your actual number plate.

Any proof of your real whereabouts on the day? If so build that in to your challenge.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• gailmartin1969
    Options
    Thanks Again Umkomaas. You can't see the reg at all on the photo. How can that be provided as evidence. O will do as suggedted as the other main issue I have is that the image had clearly been tampered with. It's very easy to spot
  • gailmartin1969
    Options
    Can you believe the Bar Stewards have sent yet another NTK but for a different day. They haven't even bothered to respond to the first appeal yet. (not that I expected one) These guys need stopping, I am more than fuming!!!!
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    Can you believe the Bar Stewards have sent yet another NTK but for a different day. They haven't even bothered to respond to the first appeal yet. (not that I expected one) These guys need stopping, I am more than fuming!!!!

So appeal that one in the same way as the other one. Each one must be dealt with separately, right the way through the process.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport