PPI Letter...

Options
Before Christmas I made a couple enquiries about PPI with Egg, Natwest and Capital One.

So far, I've had a response from Citibank (Egg) to say that I had insurance held with my Egg Card.

The letter says if I'd like to make a complaint in relation to the sale of any PPI insurance policy then I should write to them. Or I could request further information by request for a £10 charge.

My question is, is there a template I can use in order to proceed with the complaint? Or should I pay the extra to get more information about my account to make a stronger claim.

I apologise if these questions are obvious...I've checked the site to see if there is any further information about how to process a complaint.

Many thanks in advance

Comments

• Wolf52
    Wolf52 Posts: 31 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    I have written letters to various lenders stating my reasons for complaining about PPI. Save yourself £10 by doing it this way as there is that to pay with a SAR.

Good luck.
  • Suzanna22
    Suzanna22 Posts: 22 Forumite
    edited 15 January 2018 at 6:34PM
    Options
    Wolf52 wrote: »
    I have written letters to various lenders stating my reasons for complaining about PPI. Save yourself £10 by doing it this way as there is that to pay with a SAR.

Good luck.

Thank you!! I had to search for what SAR is - I know so little when it comes to this type of thing...

Edited to say: I found this template - https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/letter/letter-to-reclaim-ppi-for-free

Do you think this would suffice?

Many thanks
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Suzanna22 wrote: »
    Is there at template I could use/amend?

Just write, giving your reasons for why you feel you were mis sold.

Templated complaints tend to be more easily rejected as they contain various contradictory reasons.
  • Wolf52
    Wolf52 Posts: 31 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Ditto what zx81 has said.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts