Close Motor Finance

Options
Hi Everyone!

I hope you can help meeee!

I have had 3 different cars over the last 9 years that I have had finance for, through Close Motor Finance. I have sent them a letter to enquire about PPI.

My question is, has anyone else been successful in claiming back PPI through this company? My concern is that they may pass it on to the dealers who sold me the cars. I have had difficulty finding any info specifically on Close.

Thanking you very much in advance!

:money:

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    They would be absolutely right to pass you to the dealers who sold it to you. That's who you need to complain to.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,558 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have had 3 different cars over the last 9 years that I have had finance for, through Close Motor Finance. I have sent them a letter to enquire about PPI.

Most of that period is after the PPI issue came to light and it was no longer sold on loans.
    My question is, has anyone else been successful in claiming back PPI through this company?

Probably not as they never sold PPI. That was the car dealers.
    My concern is that they may pass it on to the dealers who sold me the cars.
    Which is what they should do. The liability for the complaint is with the car dealer. Not the lender (unless the dealer was an employee or agent of the lender).

They should be able to tell you if any had PPI. However, they will then likely refer you to the dealer if you wish to complain.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • hannah555
    Options
    Thank you for your help. It’s much appreciated.
  • Jon_K_Hall
    Options
    Worst experience of my life with Close motor Finance. If you've had a similar experience please check out my complaint on their own Facebook page or go to:- Close Brothers Moror finance?.. Read This First' where you can like, share or add your own story.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Jon_K_Hall wrote: »
    Worst experience of my life with Close motor Finance. If you've had a similar experience please check out my complaint .
    Why should anyone go to Facebook to see your complaint? Detail it here if you want informed commentary.

If it was PPI you complained about, it's hardly surprising you got nowhere since Close Motor Finance did not sell it to you. Any PPI complaint needs to go to whoever sold it to you...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure