Call 18866 Registration Problem

Options
Having read Martin's latest newsletter I have decied to purchase an Orchid dialler whilst there is a discount and free set-up available. I currently have one-tel's free evening and weekend calls and use call 1899 for daytime landline and international calls. I haven't previously used call 18866 as it would have become too much to remember, but obviously the orchid dialler solves that.
I just completed the sign-up forms for call 18866 and received back via email the following message:

"unfortunately your 18866 internet registration has failed.

Due to lack of capacity it is currently not possible to register. Please wait at least 6 weeks before attempting to register again. Our apologies for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,
Call18866 Customer services"

Does anyone know of a way round this - 6 weeks is a rather long wait. I assumed that because I already used their sister company call 1899 that everything would be rather simple.

All help will be appreciated.

Regards

Pierre.

Comments

• pricefighter
    pricefighter Posts: 2,829 Forumite
    Options
    Have you got a mobile try registering the number of this first.(then add the landline no later).
    This sometimes does the trick.
    PF.
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    scottornp wrote:
    Having read Martin's latest newsletter I have decied to purchase an Orchid dialler whilst there is a discount and free set-up available. I currently have one-tel's free evening and weekend calls and use call 1899 for daytime landline and international calls. I haven't previously used call 18866 as it would have become too much to remember, but obviously the orchid dialler solves that.
    I just completed the sign-up forms for call 18866 and received back via email the following message:

"unfortunately your 18866 internet registration has failed.

Due to lack of capacity it is currently not possible to register. Please wait at least 6 weeks before attempting to register again. Our apologies for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,
    Call18866 Customer services"

Does anyone know of a way round this - 6 weeks is a rather long wait. I assumed that because I already used their sister company call 1899 that everything would be rather simple.

All help will be appreciated.

Regards

Pierre.

Welcome to the telephone boards!

The easiest way round this is to sign up again but use a mobile telephone number. Once you get the registration email you can then go in and add your landline. This has worked for many people so give it a go and come back and tell us if it works :D
  • scottornp
    scottornp Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Edinburghlass and pricefighter. Registering the mobile first worked, I then added the landline. I assume if I never use the mobile (which is Voda anytime 200) there will be no problem - or that I can delete it and just keep the landline. Is there any reason why I would want my mobile registered, ie are there are any benefits for Voda customers?
    Time to order the Orchid dialler now!
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    scottornp wrote:
    Thanks Edinburghlass and pricefighter. Registering the mobile first worked, I then added the landline. I assume if I never use the mobile (which is Voda anytime 200) there will be no problem - or that I can delete it and just keep the landline. Is there any reason why I would want my mobile registered, ie are there are any benefits for Voda customers?
    Time to order the Orchid dialler now!
    As long as you have possession of the mobile, there's no harm in leaving it registered although, as it's served is purpose (bypassing the 18866 landline registration glitch) you could just delete it.
    Have you got a mobile try registering the number of this first.(then add the landline no later).
    This sometimes does the trick.
    It strikes me the word 'always' needs to be used in place of 'sometimes' now!
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure