What Benfits Do You Whilst on SMP?

Options
2»

Comments

• Lucy5781
    Lucy5781 Posts: 745 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    £30k is over the earning threshold for child tax credits if you have just one child. We lost out on it due to DH earnings being £1500 over the limit when I stopped working.

Once our second arrives the threshold goes up to £46k and we will qualify. It's been tight in the meantime but we knew what we were doing and have adjusted our monthly spending accordingly.
    Credit Card & Overdraft Debts Jan 2012: £16,000+ :eek: [STRIKE] Credit Card & Overdraft Debts Sep 2013: £13,023 [/STRIKE]
    DRO Completed: 30/09/2014 :T
    30/09/19 - Details now dropped off debt register. :o

My Diary - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4202761
  • Darksparkle
    Darksparkle Posts: 5,465 Forumite
    Options
    NoNoDrama wrote: »
    Arrrgghh being attacked by Dail Mail readers !! Circumstances change, simples.

Really should ban people who don't answer the actual question on here and get judgemental , totally unhelpful and happens all to often.

I'll answer my own question to help others:- It is Child/Tax Credit that you claim in this situation for the top up :)

Thank you.

I already answered your question on the previous thread. You did not give enough information on this one for anyone to answer accurately.

Your income is too high for tax credits.
  • Darksparkle
    Darksparkle Posts: 5,465 Forumite
    Options
    Lucy5781 wrote: »
    £30k is over the earning threshold for child tax credits if you have just one child. We lost out on it due to DH earnings being £1500 over the limit when I stopped working.

Once our second arrives the threshold goes up to £46k and we will qualify. It's been tight in the meantime but we knew what we were doing and have adjusted our monthly spending accordingly.

The threshold for 2 children is approx £32,000 unless you have childcare/disabilities
  • Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    NoNoDrama wrote: »
    Arrrgghh being attacked by Dail Mail readers !! Circumstances change, simples.

Really should ban people who don't answer the actual question on here and get judgemental , totally unhelpful and happens all to often.

I'll answer my own question to help others:- It is Child/Tax Credit that you claim in this situation for the top up :)

Thank you.

Google is your friend if you want just the facts.
  • Lucy5781
    Lucy5781 Posts: 745 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The threshold for 2 children is approx £32,000 unless you have childcare/disabilities

I must have misread something. I'll go back and check the details before it has the chance to bite us in the rear again.

Thank you.
    Credit Card & Overdraft Debts Jan 2012: £16,000+ :eek: [STRIKE] Credit Card & Overdraft Debts Sep 2013: £13,023 [/STRIKE]
    DRO Completed: 30/09/2014 :T
    30/09/19 - Details now dropped off debt register. :o

My Diary - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4202761
  • bexy_v
    bexy_v Posts: 355 Forumite
    Options
    Im about to go on maternity leave with my second child (left 6 years due to financial costs of childcare as similar to you in costs hundreds) we arent entitled to anything bar the child benefit as we both work. i dont earn as much as your partner and i was entitled to nothing as dont forget some things are worked out over the financial year so you probably earn too much from previous posts.

Childcare is just what it is, we had to wait and budget for 6 years to afford our next child as we have no family support, but it is what it is. Just cut back where you can but i think from the sounds of it you wont be entitled to much else as you both earn too much :)
    Competition Wins 2017: Humans Boxset : £25 Cheque, Lego Batman Goodies
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport