Comments

• motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,473 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 13 February 2018 at 10:41AM
    Options
    So no consistent major price advantage?

Not that i've seen, no.

I've heard of people coming to NI to buy specific cars and take them back to the mainland.

Do an autotrader / usedcarsni search for NI cars only of the specific make / model / year / miles / spec you're looking sort and sort by lowest price then do a national search on autotrader and see how comparable cars look.

Bear in mind also that a car in a used car supermarket somewhere wont necessarily be as well prepared as say, a car bought here from a franchised dealer.
  • qwert_yuiop
    qwert_yuiop Posts: 3,615 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    motorguy wrote: »
    Not that i've seen, no.

I've heard of people coming to NI to buy specific cars and take them back to the mainland.

Do an autotrader / usedcarsni search for NI cars only of the specific make / model / year / miles / spec you're looking sort and sort by lowest price then do a national search on autotrader and see how comparable cars look.

Bear in mind also that a car in a used car supermarket somewhere wont necessarily be as well prepared as say, a car bought here from a franchised dealer.

A few years ago, a dealer from London was picking up all the high end vehicles at wilson’s auctions in portadown - jaguars, Mercedes etc. must have been a flooded market for them here then.
    “What means that trump?” Timon of Athens by William Shakespeare
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport