PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Options

Comments

• Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,242 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Must be warm enough in my lounge, the dahlias I sowed about a week ago have germinated and are now on the window sill soaking up what bit of sun there is

Lunch as planned, no change to dinner plan, but may add some frozen chips today. I left them out yesterday due to making the crumble, too many carbs I thought at the time
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,095 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Glad wrote: »

very odd weather here, one minute lots of blustery snow, the next hailstones and the next sunshine and blue skies :D
    Very similiar here earlier, just grey and miserable in between the snow, sleet and hail showers.
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    Duly did follow plan and did that pesto carrot noodles with white beans & tomatoes.

Verdict - portion on the smallish side (so need to serve with something else like crusty bread in future).

But it was tasty - a repeater.
  • mcculloch29
    Options
    I had the rest of the saag aloo, and it was even nicer, the turmeric, mustard and cumin had matured overnight.
    CBA tea of fine egg noodles, defrosted Christmas turkey leftovers, and soy sauce. Not a gourmet meal but it filled a hole. I ate a couple of sweet Golden Syrup Weetabix in lieu of dessert, dry, as you would a breakfast biccy. They are lovely.
    I often nibble on dry cereals, but ordinary Weetabix are no good for this (unless you have butter on them, which is another story).
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Not a gourmet meal but it filled a hole.

The CFO Food Bible.
    :)
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    moneyistooshorttomention Posts: 17,940 Forumite
    edited 12 February 2018 at 9:04AM
    Options
    CFO bible indeed:rotfl:

Maybe we ought to change that one though to that awful phrase from the adverts - ie "Because we're worth it..." (ie don't we deserve nice food too?).

Yep....yesterday evening's meal was Instagram worthy - quite a bit of colour and served in a bowl:rotfl:. I've got a selection of dipping bowls/little bowls/big bowls/huge bowls and 3 different sets of plates (though admit to never using the HUGE white more "server" type plates from Waitrose). It's usually bowls or a pasta plate that I use for myself.

EDIT; In fact I can see me pondering on that "Because we're worth it" topic at intervals over the course of the day. When one encounters prejudice of any description (maybe particularly if you're not someone who might ever expect to be on the receiving end of any......) then I think it's a useful morale-boosting strategy to have "Because I'm worth it" ways of treating oneself as a counterbalance. Handy for those times when the self-confidence takes a knock/it may take a while to realise that that knock might have had that intention!!! /rally round and get that confidence back (does help that I'm from a very "confident" city....).
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    I'm having toasted rye bread with cucumber, tomatoes and yellow mustard and then a mango and banana smoothie afterwards.

I have to use up some more of my herbal tea today, I'm aiming for 2 cups of day to run it down.

I'm just about to call up to pay a big chunk of the mortgage off again. I did this at the end of last year too.

Eek, I'm excited. Then I'm going to reduce the mortgage payment so we can have some extra money each month to start to put into my personal pension and just for going out and general living!:T
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    I didn't have cucumber on my toast as I realised that I ate it all yesterday!:D

I just paid £10,000 off the mortgage, very nice way to start the week!:A
  • Hollyharvey
    Options
    Breakfast was two portions of creme caramel fluffy cheesecakey tiramisu thingy.

:)
    If there is a dessert or a fresh cream gateau in the fridge I will eat it for breakfast. My ex husband used to be appalled at this :).
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    Breakfast was two portions of creme caramel fluffy cheesecakey tiramisu thingy.

Sounds delicious.:A
    MrAPJI wrote: »
    That's really good news and I'm delighted for you :)

Thanks.xx:)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure