PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Options

Comments

• moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    Visibly thawing here too.

So - hopefully will be back to normal tomorrow.

Though - I'm still wondering if I'm going to find a massive great lorry has indeed headed across the Severn Bridge with my delivery - and I'll see it coming along the road soon....
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    am watching marple, not seen marple for years. Lovely, am enjoying the cottages, clothes and etiquette

nibbled a biscuit but generally better than yesterday, not perfect though

local radio. Snow/ice slid off a roof and smashed parked car windscreen
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We used to have a cat when I was growing up. I won't lie..... as I spooned out my cold turkey keema mix it DID smell EXACTLY how the tinned cat food used to smell in the 70s :)

I'm sure it'll taste fine. It will be served with chips and.....

... I've a whole/entire black forest gateau which has been cluttering up the freezer for the last couple of months, so I've defrosted that and it'll be OK to eat a slice in a few hours ... by the end of tomorrow I expect I'll have eaten the entire cake as it does have to be eaten and there's just me and as it was a shop-bought one frozen as a solid item I couldn't have cut it smaller without defrosting it.
  • bouicca21
    bouicca21 Posts: 6,514 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    PN sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do. Were I in your neighbourhood I'd offer to help out. There is only one rule in cases involving black forest gateau - no left overs.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,091 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh black forest gateau - I could help you with that:)

Well it's both thawing and snowing here:eek:, thankfully the new snow fall is sporadic and quiet wet so not lying but I suspect outside will be an ice rink tomorrow as it's due to freeze later.

I had a peaceful "duvet" couple of hours but now have the munchies, though what for I'm not sure so I'm trying (not terribly successfully) to ignore them. I think I'll make a mug of cocoa and see if that does the trick:), if not some of the chocolates I got for Christmas will be getting opened;).
  • PasturesNew
    Options
    Just had the first piece. It's nice enough, but not something you'd rush to buy again ....not really looking forward to eating the rest of it, but I'll manage.

I didn't buy it for me, I've ended up with it. Can't just waste it.
  • caronc
    Options
    Think I've quelled the munchies opened a bag of Graze Spicy Sriracha lurking since from Christmas. To say it's spicy (and I like spicy) is an understatement as I now can't feel my tongue and my eyes & nose are watering after only a couple of grains.....:eek:
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    Oh dear:rotfl: - I shouldnt laugh caron should I?:p

But remembers I bought some sriracha sauce to try out recently and it was "Kapow!" level hot. Come to think of it - Pastures mighta liked it (from some of her recent comments).

I gave it away in the end to a friend's husband (as I know he likes curries, etc). She hasn't told me what he made of it yet....:cool:
  • caronc
    Options
    No you shouldn't MTSTM but I'll forgive you:)
    Three cups of milky tea later and I'm only just beginning to feel my mouth again!
  • PasturesNew
    Options
    I had a second ¼ of the gateau, it was fully defrosted..... so tasted a bit better. But, like all frozen desserts, it lacked bounce and softness and depth of layers.

Half way through .... not rushing to eat the next piece tonight, but who knows when a whim will arrive :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback