Earthgirl's Final Battle

Comments

• earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    edited 28 January 2018 at 9:50PM
    Oops dog sitting I mean! Sitting on fog will be like herding cats! And the time I told you to see a fox with your poorly toe! Oops!

Today has been spendy to charity, about £7 on total between tear fund and a local sports facility. Took the boys and a friend there for a kick about.

Very much using up what we have -pheasant or partridge wrapped up in bacon with cheese tonight instead of a roast, and a random tin of rice pudding instead of my normal home cooked one. Meals planned out for he week and salads made for me for the week (partridge breast and beetroot!).

I’ve refreshed my tutoring Facebook page but still have a lot to do on this, bnb, room renting and dog sitting tomorrow. As well as working on ohs business.
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,826
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Now you sound like Alex, slumming it with pheasant/partridge! ;) :rotfl:
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,450
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I too am interested in fog sitting, but knowing my luck someone would leave me the sort that turns you inside out :rotfl:
  • earthgirl
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    So a bit of an end of month update.

Health
    Big shock with a friend dying pushed me to find out more about cancers and how to check for them. I!!!8217;ve been exercising 4 times per week and eating much healthier. I haven!!!8217;t lost any weight though and have 7lbs to lose.

Wealth
    I!!!8217;ve worked through the up your income guide and I have a few things in the pipeline (dog sitting, online tuition, reclaiming things) I put a flyer in the community centre and got a tutoring booking a few hours later :). I!!!8217;ve made a new website for tutoring and this is still the best paid per hour.

Oh has had more bad news re his business and will probably have to start from scratch, costly and time consuming. He is a bit down.

Life well lived
    I!!!8217;ve joined both boys up to football teams as this is what they love doing. Cost of £35 per month in total plus about 60 miles in my car per week. They love it or I wouldn!!!8217;t do it.
    Kids have had friends to play every weekend. This is fun (mostly) and free.

Two free dates with oh (lunch at home with food from voucher and mystery shop)

Opportunities:
    Continue with upping income- in particular I need to rent out the spare room.
    Reduce costs.
    Cheer up OH and start work on his new business.

To fit more in I!!!8217;m going to have to get up earlier :) In February I!!!8217;m going to get up st 6 and give up alcohol. Arghhh!
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,816
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    I take it now the smillies have gone mad & converted into numbers.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    Sorry about OH's buisiness.

Think very carefully before renting out a room.
    I hve had great lodgers but some truely dire ones.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Ooh, be careful about cutting down on sleep just to get stuff done! That can potentially cause long term problems ...

I was kind of disappointed to find from beanie that the exclamation marks are cos the smilies have gone mad - I was hoping you'd started swearing like a sailor :p
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    Agree with KC on the sleep.

• earthgirl
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    edited 1 February 2018 at 2:46PM
    Thanks beanie and KC. I’m not giving up on sleep I’m going to bed earlier, so that I can make the best use of my time in the early morning when no one is up. At night I don’t really achieve much and hate starting work at night.

Had an awful day. Things got a bit on top of me, I was trying to get too much done and was rushing...I scraped a car parked In The car park. I left my details apologised and they have been in touch. It’ll be expensive. Maybe holiday cost expensive. I’m very mad at myself. And sad. And sorry.

BUT I have to keep it in perspective. Nobody is hurt and it’s just a scrape. I’m here to see my kids grow up and I’m very lucky.

Progress not Perfection
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    So sorry to hear about the car :(

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback