Vanguard Direct site - which fund in case of stock market crash?

Options
1235»

Comments

• ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks ValiantSon, I was looking for a break down of country and bond type ideally. I've found country here:
    https://www.brewin.co.uk/financial-advisers/insight-for-advisers/fund-focus-vanguard-global-bond-index-fund
    Though I'm not sure what Supranational means. Are these funds likely to include bonds in emerging markets if that's a thing?

Ah, I understand.

Not sure whether the "supranational" would include bonds in emerging markets, sorry.
  • bowlhead99
    bowlhead99 Posts: 12,295 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Post of the Month
    Options
    Supranational organizations are those that are created by / sponsored by multiple countries. Such as IBRD, European Investment Bank, World Bank, etc. Their credit ratings will generally be AA or AAA.

I suppose the Asian International Investment Bank might be thought of as an "emerging" supranational, having only been in existence a few years and initially being thought of as 'China's answer to the World Bank'. The USA and Japan aren't part of that one. But I don't think they have launched their first bond on the public market yet - penciled in for later this year..

Still, you wouldn't think of a bond issued by an international government-sponsored development finance organisation as being an 'emerging markets' one to the same extent as one issued by, say, a Vietnamese supermarket or a Thai bank.
  • chockydavid1983
    Options
    Thanks guys.
    Is there generally a good way to dig a bit deeper into funds? I usually go to the fund page itself or I quite like the HL website but I can't usually see more than the top 10 holdings or countries.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure