Options
2»

Comments

• Warwick_Hunt
    Warwick_Hunt Posts: 1,179 Forumite
    Options
    Deastons wrote: »
    Would that not then be criminal damage?

The OP contracted the videographer to do the job and has paid upfront, so doesn't the raw footage somehow belong to the OP? If they were to delete it, that would be criminal damage.

If the videographer hasn't taken proper care of the footage or wilfully deleted it, isn't there technnically grounds for the OP to sue the videographer for the cost of re-staging the wedding?

No.
    I tend to agree, but one's wedding day can be an incredibly important day. Priceless, one might say.

And I think, legally, I'm correct in what I say?

Based on what?
  • Deastons
    Deastons Posts: 464 Forumite
    Options
    No.

Based on what?

Ah. I see now. Thanks for explaining your points so clearly.
  • Warwick_Hunt
    Warwick_Hunt Posts: 1,179 Forumite
    Options
    Ah. I see now. Thanks for explaining your points so clearly.

When you asked a closed question I thought that you’d required and appropriate answer.
  • Elle_Woods
    Options
    If the videographer hasn't taken proper care of the footage or wilfully deleted it, isn't there technnically grounds for the OP to sue the videographer for the cost of re-staging the wedding?
    I tend to agree, but one's wedding day can be an incredibly important day. Priceless, one might say.

And I think, legally, I'm correct in what I say?

How would anyone go about re-staging their wedding? I agree that a wedding day is an incredibly important day, but a staging would not be your wedding day! To stage a fake ceremony with guests etc. for a new wedding video sounds really very odd.

When you say that you think you are correct legally, it would be helpful for the OP to have a link to some support for this. In my limited experience, courts generally award monetary compensation for actual losses.
  • Deastons
    Deastons Posts: 464 Forumite
    Options
    Elle_Woods wrote: »

When you say that you think you are correct legally, it would be helpful for the OP to have a link to some support for this. In my limited experience, courts generally award monetary compensation for actual losses.

You tell me to give a link to back-up my advice, but then don't give a link to back-up your advice...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure