IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Court claim form for child

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,063 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    flothy wrote: »
    Another surprise parking ticket has dropped through the post addressed to my child.

This time it is parking eye, apparently my registration plate wasn't put in correctly to a machine at premier inn/brewster fayre. I have spoke to the land owners they have said i need to call parking eye.

Not sure whether to ignore or point out that it is a minor.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Take it to your MP.

I hope the BPA is proud of lobbying to 'secure' keeper liability. This is the fallout. Shameful, predictable, utterly indefensible.

And in your appeal - as the keeper, the child - state that the keeper is a disabled child, and your MP has been informed, as will the national press be if this harassing threat is not cancelled immediately.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Let them know the RK is a minor. A paper trail is always the safest option. If PE go to court they tend to go well armed so best not take chances.
  • flothy
    flothy Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    appeal by crayon?

This is by the funniest reply I have heard, hes scribbling a response as we speak.
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Take it to your MP.

I hope the BPA is proud of lobbying to 'secure' keeper liability. This is the fallout. Shameful, predictable, utterly indefensible.

And in your appeal - as the keeper, the child - state that the keeper is a disabled child, and your MP has been informed, as will the national press be if this harassing threat is not cancelled immediately.

Thanks.I have emailed MP's, Councillors over the last one and find the whole system a joke now.I can't understand how DVLA are allowed to give out children's details.
    waamo wrote: »
    Let them know the RK is a minor. A paper trail is always the safest option. If PE go to court they tend to go well armed so best not take chances.

I will do a paper trail this time but I now know it is illegal to take a minor to court. So just wanted to know what I could do to help others.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,063 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 5 March 2018 at 2:51AM
    Options
    I can't understand how DVLA are allowed to give out children's details.

I am sure there is a specific (not available to most people) opt out for special cases, you need to push the DVLA for that. I would be surprised if a case like this does not qualify for a DVLA black on giving out your child's data to private firms not least because the Equality Act protects people with disabilities, meaning that:

- the DVLA must by law, consider making a 'reasonable adjustment' when asked by the child's carer, and this seems very reasonable (otherwise what's the rare opt-out for, if not this sort of thing?). Get your MP to back you in this.

- private parking firms must by law, also make 'reasonable adjustments' and you should ask for your VRN to be added to the white lists at local Supermarkets, etc. to stop the sharks.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure