IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

nottingham

Options
Hello i got a letter in the post telling me i have a parking ticket.
The ticket was issued at 18:12 on the 5/12 and i only just got my first letter today 10/1
Note the ticket was isued at 18:12 parking is free after 18:00
I admit i did have a ticket that expired at 17:53 and i was under the impression that 10 minutes grace was the standard and that took me into the free parking time. Apparently i have to pay £50 soon or it will soon go up to the full £75 i feel this is a bit much

Comments

• pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    a 10 min grace period is given to LEAVE the premises , in theory you could have left at 17.99 , and reversed back in

who is the operator?

was this a ticket on the car or issued by ANPR , quickness of letter suggests ANPR
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Is this a Nottingham council ticket or from a parking company?
  • rob713
    Options
    it was council
  • rob713
    Options
    there was no ticket on the car first thing i saw was the letter today but it took over 1 month to get to me is that normal?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,870 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    It can be. Some Councils can issue PCNs by post. You need to post on pepipoo here, as Council PCNs are different:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=30

No Hotmail emails.

They win almost every time. But if you don't show them a scan or photos of BOTH SIDES of the PCN then don't bother!!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure