Looking for a tool to publish hundreds of items with one click on eBay

Options
2»

Comments

• Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Maybe s/he's testing the market to see if anything exists before developing something him/herself.
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Maybe s/he's testing the market to see if anything exists before developing something him/herself.

A long test period.....
  • ANDY597
    ANDY597 Posts: 430 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Didn't ebay used to do turbo lister for this very thing?

Is the still going?
  • Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    A long test period.....
    Well, tested the market a year ago; found nothing; started to develop something; and before going to market, tested again to see if anybody else has since developed a tool which might be competition.
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • in_my_wellies
    in_my_wellies Posts: 1,647 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Listing can take a long time when selling varied and random items but you only have to do it once. Relisting is quite easy and with GTC coming soon will be even easier (Although I'll wait to see how it works before passing judgement)

I have items listed and relisted for over 7 years and the initial time spent listing is time well spent as Soolin has said, detail is everything.

I'm not in a hurry and have some space so it's not a problem. Every so often I have a rummage and get rid of stuff to various places - charity shop, donate to a bring and buy, freecycle, dump.

I've just looked and this month I've sold 5 items listed for over 5 years and suddenly they sold. I've built up my items to about 300 and usually sell about 25 each month. I'm happy with that.

In case anyone is wondering how a private seller can have so much, well
    1) My husband died. He and a huge collection of books and hobby stuff
    2) Then his parents died and I had their house to clear
    3) My mum moved in with me so all her and step father's stuff arrived.
    4) My son's housemate did a bunk and the landlord understandably wanted his stuff out, quite a collection of items to good to dump
    5) My cousin came to stay and was going to tip her stuff to start afresh and I refused to see good stuff go to the tip.
    Love living in a village in the country side
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,264 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ANDY597 wrote: »
    Didn't ebay used to do turbo lister for this very thing?

Is the still going?

Turbo lister no longer exists and even then it was no quicker than listing against a template on eBay.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    The easiest way is to upload files in the "File Exchange Centre". Create them first in a spreadsheet then upload it. If you know what you're doing it's easy peasy!
  • QQQ
    QQQ Posts: 375 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Any more ideas?
  • Spoonie_Turtle
    Options
    QQQ said:
    Any more ideas?
    Two and a half years since you first posted you could have listed everything even if you only did one a night ... 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback