Home insurance claim after flooding... Help

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaiming Mortgage Fees, Council Tax, etc
1 reply 870 views
David.27David.27 Forumite
2 Posts
Third Anniversary
MoneySaving Newbie
Hi, I am new to this forum so any help would be highly appreciated.
I was unfortunately flooded recently and i have to move out whilst renovation is taking place. The insurance have put me up in rented accommodation for six months. My question is does the insurance help with gas, electricity and council tax bills? As I am having to pay on both property's at the moment. The insurance will happily cover the rent but I am struggling to get an answer out of them for the bills? If anyone has any help/ experience with this please help.


This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Lloyds Bank wrongly declares customer dead

Account was closed due to a misreading

MSE News

Cheap home insurance

Grab 100+ buildings insurance quotes & cashback

MSE Guides

£12 for 1L Baileys

Available at Tesco, Morrisons & Asda

MSE Deals