IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Cel - ccj

Options
13»

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,814 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Myshkin3 wrote: »
    Do you mean that they haven't followed good service by trying to locate an up to date address?

Yes, I believe there is case law that confirms the argument, where no real attempt has been made to trace a Defendant who has not been replying.

Try searching the forum for 'set aside not good service' and look for posts by Johnersh.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Myshkin3
    Myshkin3 Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi

So someone from CEL phoned me back and have provided an email address to use to ask for any data they have regarding this claim? I was planning on sending the below - is this OK to do?

I've read that it may look better on the N244 form if I've tried to obtain information regarding the claim

Dear Sirs,
    I am writing to you regarding the above case number and in regards to vehicle registration XXXX.
    On 9th January 2018, I logged into my credit record on Experian to see that a CCJ was registered against my name on 22nd November 2017.
    The CCJ is registered against the below address:
    XXXXXX
    I have not lived at this address since 8th May 2014.
    On seeing the CCJ, I phoned the Northampton County Court who have advised me that the CCJ has been made by Civil Enforcement Ltd for a penalty notice on 6th May 2015. I have never received any correspondence regarding this penalty notice.
    Please supply me with copies of all original documents issued, as well as evidence of the parking infringement and proof that I, as the registered keeper, was driving the car at this time.
    Please send all documents and any other correspondence to my email address, XXX or to my current address;

XX

Please respond to this request within 5 working days and by 17th January 2018.
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Myshkin3 wrote: »
    Thanks for your comment.

Do you mean that they haven't followed good service by trying to locate an up to date address?

No, that woudl be a lack of reasonable diligence

lack of Good service measn teh claim form was never *served* on you. Meaning the claim was invalid and the set aside should be AUTOMATIC - have a read up on this
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    await help , but you also require a copy of the dvla request
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing