New Post Advanced Search

Resident Parking

edited 8 January 2018 at 10:50PM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
302 replies 20K views

Replies

• Can I write to them asking to hurry up with court papers,
    We may not win by protesting, but if we don’t protest we will lose.
    If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.
  • edited 22 January 2018 at 3:59PM
    FruitcakeFruitcake Forumite
    49K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 22 January 2018 at 3:59PM
    markudman wrote: »
    The adjudicator's decision is not legally binding on the Appellant (it is intended to be a guide) and they are free to obtain independent legal advice if they so wish. However, the adjudicator is legally qualified (a barrister or solicitor) and decides the appeal according to their understanding of the law and legal principles.

I suggest you write to the IAS and ask for the name of the adjudicator in question (I'm assuming the name wasn't given when the appeal was rejected.)

Quote the relevant part of the Alternative Dispute Regulations 2015 that states they must supply this on a durable medium.

You want this to verify that they are in fact a registered [STRIKE]barrista[/STRIKE] barrister or solicitor with the SRA.

ADR directive -

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2015/542/pdfs/uksi_20150542_en.pdf

SCHEDULE 3 Regulation 9(4)
    Requirements that a competent authority must be satisfied that the body meets ...

Transparency

5. The body makes the following information publicly available on its website in a clear and easily understandable manner, and provides, on request, this information to any person on a durable medium—
    (a) its contact details, including postal address and e-mail address;
    (b) a statement that it has been approved as an ADR entity by the relevant competent authority once this approval has been granted;
    (c) its ADR officials, the method of their appointment and the duration of their appointment;

I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • edited 22 January 2018 at 5:08PM
    markudmanmarkudman Forumite
    350 posts
    edited 22 January 2018 at 5:08PM
    Fruitcake wrote: »
    I suggest you write to the IAS and ask for the name of the adjudicator in question (I'm assuming the name wasn't given when the appeal was rejected.)

Quote the relevant part of the Alternative Dispute Regulations 2015 that states they must supply this on a durable medium.

You want this to verify that they are in fact a registered [STRIKE]barrista[/STRIKE] barrister or solicitor with the SRA.

ADR directive -

SCHEDULE 3 Regulation 9(4)
    Requirements that a competent authority must be satisfied that the body meets ...

Transparency

5. The body makes the following information publicly available on its website in a clear and easily understandable manner, and provides, on request, this information to any person on a durable medium—
    (b) a statement that it has been approved as an ADR entity by the relevant competent authority once this approval has been granted;
    (c) its ADR officials, the method of their appointment and the duration of their appointment;

Will they just lie?
    And maybe you are right it was the tea boy that sent it
  • edited 22 January 2018 at 6:18PM
    markudmanmarkudman Forumite
    350 posts
    edited 22 January 2018 at 6:18PM
    In the link below is the NTK, The NTK does not really comply with POFA . Am I Right?

It states that you are required to pay or name the driver. The word should be invite. 8 (2) (e) There is no required in at all.

8 (2) starts with the word "must"
    Paragraph 8 (2) (f) has not been given in the form required in POFA
    There is no period of parking stated 8 (2) (a)
    There is no creditor identified 8 (2) (h)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gw9nlk29t5exkrd/IMG_20180122_0005.jpg?dl=0
  • edited 22 January 2018 at 10:40PM
    FruitcakeFruitcake Forumite
    49K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 22 January 2018 at 10:40PM
    That weblink shows your full name as the album owner.

You are correct about the other bit. The POFA does not say the word "required" so they are misleading the keeper by saying so, and (in my opinion) deliberately misrepresenting what the POFA 2012 says.
  • FruitcakeFruitcake Forumite
    49K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    markudman wrote: »
    Will they just lie?
    And maybe you are right it was the tea boy that sent it

I would still ask them. It is your right to ask and they must comply.

If they don't reply, or refuse to name the adjudicator, you tell the judge (and the DVLA) that they have breached an act of parliament.

If they reply and the named person isn't legally trained, you also tell that to the judge and DVLA.
  • Thanks FC I have removed the link for now will work on it or put on dropbox,
    I am not sure how to put this letter together, without looking like an idiot, can ypu please read it and advise,
    Many thanks
    Mark

To whom it may concern,
    My Appeal Ref:
    Issued on by Parking Control Management (UK) Ltd
    to vehicle registration
    Originally rejected by operator on 2018
    The adjudicator made their decision on 2018
    I would like to verify that the adjudicator is in fact a registered barrister or solicitor with the SRA.
    Under ADR directive - SCHEDULE 3 Regulation 9(4)
    Please can you supply the details of this person.

Transparency

Please see this link for further details of the ADR Directive
  • “A postal PCN or NTK might be headed up 'Notice to Keeper' or 'Reminder' or 'Charge Notice' or it may even be a random letter from a debt collector - it is still your Notice to Keeper, in effect, if it is the first letter to arrive.”

Just to clarify,

On one ticket I got I appealed, right away, I got a letter of rejection, but never got a NTK, should I take the rejection letter as NTK? The ticket is from PCM, an IPC member
  • The IPC
    PO Box 662
    Macclesfield
    SK10 9NR

Dear Sir or Madam

Subject access request

Please supply the information which I am entitled to under the Data Protection Act 1998 relating to the following information:
    (a) All information you hold under my name and/or address and/or any other personal data and/or parameters;
    (b) All information you hold under my vehicles registrations
    (c) All other information you hold about me, including information from or to third parties;
    (d) A copy of IPC’s audit of . Inc a copy of the landowner’s authority

“This site has been audited by the IPC and a copy of the landowner’s authority has been provided to them as part of the audit process”.

If you need more information from me, please let me know as soon as possible. I attach a cheque for £10.00 covering the maximum cost under the Data Protection Act 1998. Should you not levy a fee for SARs or only a lesser amount I would request you return any surplus amounts when supplying this information.

It may be helpful for you to know that a request for information under the Data Protection Act 1998 should be responded to within 40 days. If you do not normally deal with these requests, please pass this letter to your Data Protection Officer.

If you need advice on dealing with this request, the Information Commissioner’s Office can assist you and can be contacted on 0303 123 1113 or at https://www.ico.gov.uk
    Yours faithfully
  • Why is it that IPC only have a PO box address?
    on BPA website they have a full address and phone no,