Made a terrible mistake

13»

Comments

• jules6891
    jules6891 Posts: 8 Forumite
    edited 6 January 2018 at 6:36PM
    Unbelievable. Never in a million years was I thinking to scam anyone and frankly speaking I am just astonished at some of the response I got on here. I have a genuine problem and no, absolutely never will I be part of any kind of a scam as some of you imagined up. I have never been on the wrong side of the law in my life and nor will I ever attempt anything like it. Mrcol1000 and w06, get a life. I'm not a bleedin' scammer! I know one thing firmly now: to stop seeking advice online and start making phone calls and writing letters instead. Good day to you.
  • Mods, if you can, please edit my original post if it really seems like a scam post. I do not wish to see my pathetic situation be used by any real scammer who may find my post's content as some sort of bait to scam anyone with. I am just shocked at how many people think my post looks like a scam post. I have all the day to type and just because I write properly, it's perceived as suspect. It's unbelievable that the opinion these days is, if you write well, you're bound to be a suspect/criminal. Sad times we live in.
  • BorisThomson
    BorisThomson Posts: 1,721 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    It can and will take hours to type lengthy posts.

Not when you're copying and pasting ...

What action have you taken since you first posted ten days ago? Failure to declare a change in circumstances can result in penalties, and at worst, criminal sanctions.
  • Ames
    Ames Posts: 18,459 Forumite
    w06 wrote: »
    no this kind of thing results in anyone who takes it seriously and offers sympathy/help in avoiding the issue of having a chunk of money that's undecrlared being drawn in via pms from the poster, it the poster who is attempting to scam

Got it now, thanks. Sorry for being so dim, I think I couldn't get my head around someone trying that kind of scam on a money *saving* website.

Plus the style is very similar to a common or garden troll from a few years back that posted stories on the relationship board, widely believed to be a schoolchildren or student trying out creative writing homework.
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure