IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

BW Legal Court Papers

Options

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,996 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 7 April 2018 at 8:26PM
    Options
    You would be wise to send your witness statement and all evidence to the court in a hardcopy form - a page numbered and indexed file - e.g. a ring binder.
    Hand delivery would be preferable.

Do not rely on the court to print out pdfs and email attachments.

It's probably ok to sent it to the claimant as email attachments.
  • Supersaver2017
    Options
    I!!!8217;m only sending the WS over to BW Legal via email.

I!!!8217;m going to print off and put into a file what I will be taking to the court on Monday.

I don!!!8217;t suppose it matters the form this is sent over to BW Legal as? It will be much more convenient to sent these over as one file rather than scanning in each individual page after printing
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,996 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You might want to consider switching off smart punctuation on your ipad/iphone to make your posts easier to read.
  • Supersaver2017
    Options
    Im only sending the WS over to BW Legal via email.

Im going to print off and put into a file what I will be taking to the court on Monday.

I dont suppose it matters the form this is sent over to BW Legal as? It will be much more convenient to sent these over as one file rather than scanning in each individual page after printing

Apologies I forgot to edit the smart punctuation feature as requested
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,093 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I would NOT send the BW Legal attachments as one file, it would be seen as unreasonable to attach a massive file to one email and also gives them the excuse 'it was too large we couldn't open/print it'.

I would send them a series of emails in succession, the first one telling them how many emails to follow and listing the contents (the evidence attachments) and also copy yourself into each email so you can prove they were sent and received, by printing out your sent/received emails in case they say 'we didn't receive his WS'.

You can say at the hearing, if they try that old trick: ''oh yes you did, and here's the proof of not only sending but receipt of those emails as I copied my own email address in as a CC''.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Supersaver2017
    Options
    Hi guys

I attended Liverpool Civil and Family Court today and handed in my ring binded file containing my W/S and evidence. I was confident with what I handed in so thankyou for all support given thus far.

I then emailed over my W/S and evidence all saved as PDF files to BW Legal before the cut off time and they responded themselves shortly after.

Their W/S seems very generic and uses the defence of Beavis, speils about the machines and operation of the car park and how it runs effectively etc, how I could have appealed, uses the log of the day to say no ticket was purchased resembling the vehicle reg, almost all evidence exhibits are of the car park signs in different lighting along with my car entering and leaving the site.
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 9 April 2018 at 4:33PM
    Options
    Sounds just like all the other BW Legal 'WS' which are nothing of the sort, and the named person is unlikely to even show up at the hearing (giving you a chance to object to the fact and ask the Judge to give the purported 'WS' far less weight).

The difficulty you have, is that your Court is Liverpool. Eeek...beware, don't expect a clued up Judge!

An uphill struggle, as the Judges there are not clued up about the entire rogue industry/scam, like the good Judges are in Manchester, for example, and in Liverpool they make duff decisions for PPCs. But not impossible for someone as prepared are you are.
  • Supersaver2017
    Options
    Thanks Coupon-Mad

Would BW Legal be in any way penalised for sending their WS over via email which it seems they have done?

I wonder if they were waiting to see if I failed to send my WS as they only sent theirs over just after mine an hour before the deadline.

Would you just educate myself around the key points of my W/S now Coupon-Mad and analyse their W/S against mine?

It doesn't look a great document on their behalf with a generic signpost and the keeper is liable approach. Just hope that is seen in the courts though too...
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Would BW Legal be in any way penalised for sending their WS over via email which it seems they have done?
    If they sent it to the court that way, they run the risk of the court not printing it! Haha!
    Would you just educate myself around the key points of my W/S now Coupon-Mad and analyse their W/S against mine?
    Yes, preparation is key, and know your main points. If the Judge says at the start, ''Right, please now summarise your defence points Mr xxxxx'' can you do that? Would it throw you?

Practise, maybe create a skeleton argument of bullet points to assist you/the court, on the day.
  • Supersaver2017
    Options
    Hi Guys,

So tomorrow is judgement day, any tips or recommendations for preparation?

I've re-printed my bundle which I handed into the court last month to take with me and have been reading through to familiarise with.

Are there any specific points you would focus on when explaining my defence points? to keep them concise and effective to deliver.

I thank anyone who has given support and help throughout this process from the start and shall update the process what happens tomorrow just to explain for others in detail what it was like.

Cheers
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure