Dyson V6 cordless from Tesco - very unimpressed

Options

Comments

• cajef
    cajef Posts: 6,266 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Mine was the "car and boat" version, not part car and part boat, which didn't have the power, either electrical or suction to properly complete the two front footwells of my car. To do the job properly does require a "proper" machine.
    Well you must have had a faulty one, I don't have any problems with mine when vacuuming the insides of my car and I live by the sea and get sand, gravel and other small objects it picks them all up without too much bother.
  • cajef
    edited 7 January 2018 at 1:59PM
    Options
    hollydays wrote: »
    Churning out carp isn’t a conspiracy.
    Why are Dyson carp, is this based on your experience or just another of your opinions?

My experience after actually owning several Dyson products is that they are reliable, do the job and are reasonably robust for what they are intended for, so not carp.
  • AndyMc.....
    AndyMc..... Posts: 3,248 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    cajef wrote: »
    Why are Dyson carp, is this based on your experience or just another of your opinions?

Mine experience after actually owning several Dyson products is that they [STRIKE]are[/STRIKE] were reliable, [STRIKE]do[/STRIKE] did the job and [STRIKE]are[/STRIKE] were reasonably robust for what they are intended for, so not carp.

Fixed that for you, they’re not what they were.
  • cajef
    Options
    Fixed that for you, they’re not what they were.
    Sorry but based on my recent experience have got to disagree.
  • LilElvis
    LilElvis Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    bris wrote: »
    I have one and think its great, but then again I don't expect a handheld to do the whole house. It great for what it does, spot cleans. The bigl Dyson does the house.

Expecting a small cleaner to do the job of a full size cleaner is just poor due diligence.

Our Dyson Animal is crap too. Can't even pick a handful of toast crumbs off the kitchen floor - it just moved them around a bit :rotfl:
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,302 Forumite
    Options
    I've got a V6 , clogs up easily due to the very small cyclone holes in the head , I have to clean it constantly to keep it working properly. The internal mesh surrounding the cyclone blocks with fluff easily and dust collects behind it reducing efficiency again . It's not easily removable so I blast it with a can of air duster on a regular basis . I will need to remove the mesh in the end to clean it properly

Like most people ours stays and charges in the garage , now it's cold the sensor on the battery causes it to shut off as it's too cold ? You can tell it's going to happen as the blue circle round the boost button flashes. It won't restart with popping it back on the charger for a few seconds . It then seems to work as the battery temperature has risen. Only other way is to remove it from the garage about 10 minutes before needing it so the battery temperature rises . It only does it when the temperature drops to zero , the battery still holds a full charge and works normally otherwise

The old DC04/DC07'/DC14/DC27 etc were like indestructible tanks and needed minimal maintenance , change the filters every 6, months , remove hair from the brush roller and they last for years . And parts still cheap and available

Wouldn't buy another Dyson cordless , would go for a Gtech
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • LilElvis
    LilElvis Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Options
    Browntoa wrote: »

Wouldn't buy another Dyson cordless , would go for a Gtech

I wouldn't! We had a GTech before the Dyson and the wheels broke off after about 12 months. Mind you, even with no wheels it was better at cleaning than the Dyson.
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,302 Forumite
    Options
    I've got a Gtech air ram 2 , battery good for 20 minutes cleaning , easily cleaned filter , never clogs up like the V6 , I assume the V8 is the same and will clog up

I repair dysons , none of the cordless ones last , batteries fail after a couple of years and Dyson want the equivalent of the price of a new machine for a replacement.

Give me a good old fashioned cylinder corded Dyson anyday
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • Lip_Stick
    Lip_Stick Posts: 2,415 Forumite
    Options
    I bought one of these in the sale at Tesco just after Christmas and returned it the next day. Once you put the long nozzle on, there was hardly any suction.

The customer services assistant said they'd had a lot returned for the same reason. She did just put the return down as a change of mind though, so guess it would have gone back on the shelf for sale.
    There's a storm coming, Mr Johnson. You and your friends better batten down the hatches, because when it hits, you're all gonna wonder how you ever thought you could live so large and leave so little for the rest of us.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Options
    cajef wrote: »

My experience after actually owning several Dyson products is that they are reliable, do the job and are reasonably robust for what they are intended for, so not carp.

Looks like others have had the same experiences as me.
    Thank you for your valuable contribution.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure