IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

CP Plus PCN appeal rejected. Is it worth appealing to PAOLA and how?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,074 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Well you were not appealing to DRPlus were you, you thought the NTK was from CP Plus. It clearly was!

Anyway, I seem to recall you are at comments stage, about the evidence.

So, what date is on the British Land contract, can you read it all (have they covered half of it up, if so, point out to POPLA it could say anything). Who signed it, when, how long does it last, is it still current?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Forumite
    edited 6 February 2018 at 12:41AM
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Well you were not appealing to DRPlus were you, you thought the NTK was from CP Plus. It clearly was!

Anyway, I seem to recall you are at comments stage, about the evidence.

So, what date is on the British Land contract, can you read it all (have they covered half of it up, if so, point out to POPLA it could say anything). Who signed it, when, how long does it last, is it still current?

That's right I had no idea this wasn't CP plus,
    Yes, I need to submit comments to their evidence but I also want to email POPLA pdf document to include some photos. Is it worth doing at this stage and is it worth adding those comments about POFA act now?

The date on contract single sheet they sent? There is no date at all and no full contract, single sheet with just some names and nothing else called the agreement.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    The date on contract single sheet they sent? There is no date at all and no full contract, single sheet with just some names and nothing else called the agreement.

Put that in your comments near the top, because POPLA are fairly good at noticing that. You can email your comments but beware making the comments too long, and do not add new evidence, only comments on the evidence and maybe a couple of pictures (but POPLA might not allow them as it's adding something new).
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Put that in your comments near the top, because POPLA are fairly good at noticing that. You can email your comments but beware making the comments too long, and do not add new evidence, only comments on the evidence and maybe a couple of pictures (but POPLA might not allow them as it's adding something new).
    Ok. Many thanks to you for all your time and help. I'll let you know on the decision. Hope it will be fair on me.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    I got the decision today. I can not believe but it is SUCCESSFUL! :T
    Thank you all for your comments on my thread. It's thanks to you and this forum I was able to put my appeal together and don't let CP Plus to rip me off! It took me hours of reading and writing but now I can say it was definitely worth it.
    Special thanks to Coupon-mad!
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Great! Never in doubt, honestly.

Please copy & paste the decision into 'POPLA Decisions' at the top of this forum, but firstly separating their 'wall of words' into small paragraphs so we can read it easily, and state which parking firm you beat, as the 'decision' wall of words never says.

And provide on that thread, a link back to this thread so people can read about how you did it.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Will do. Thank you again!!! Hope this will help another person to win!
  • Kimbo18
    Options
    I could do with some help please. My vehicle was issued a PCN by CP Plus while parked in exactly the same place. I believe the situation has been set up to generate as much income as possible. This is very sly practice by CP Plus tantamount to entrapment. Unfortunately my appeal to POPLA was unsuccessful , but since reading of this recent successful appeal I was wondering if there is anything I can do? I have just received a further demand for £120 from a collection company. Should I pay this and complain or can I appeal again? Your advice would be very welcome.
  • Kimbo18
    Options
    I have photographs of 3 other vehicles parked in the same place with PCNs on their windscreens. Clear evidence of poor signage- the basis of my appeal, which was unsuccessful.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Kimbo18 wrote: »
    I have photographs of 3 other vehicles parked in the same place with PCNs on their windscreens. Clear evidence of poor signage- the basis of my appeal, which was unsuccessful.

You need to start a thread of your own if you need advice. It gets confusing otherwise.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure