PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

More Charity Shop Bargains for 2018 & beyond!

Options

Comments

• Owain_Moneysaver
    Owain_Moneysaver Posts: 11,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Mir! wrote: »
    do I wait for a suitable 'long frock' occasion? :o

Why wait? Can't you arrange your own long frock occasion?
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • Hi folks.

Avid bargain hunter, reseller and del boy in training here. anyone else wish they'd started chazzing, booting 25 years ago? i know i do!
  • Hopeless_Case
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    I'd recognise quality clothing, but nothing with a designer tag. I doubt I've spent over £200 in chazzers in the past 12 months, despite multiple visits and purchases - including at least 100 books, plenty of clothes and a couple of bigger items (my Dri-Buddi and double clothes rail springs to mind).

I think it's horses for courses, one of the things I was most pleased with last year was a BNWL cardigan in just the colour and style I was looking for, and I wore it a lot over the winter, but it was Primark, so I guess a lot of people wouldn't have been interested, as I'm sure you could get better makes in charity shops for the same price, but it was cheaper than it would have been originally and it was what I was looking for at the time :D
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,712 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Hi folks.

Avid bargain hunter, reseller and del boy in training here. anyone else wish they'd started chazzing, booting 25 years ago? i know i do!
    I did. ;)

Welcome to MSE and the thread.
  • Pollycat
    Options
    I think it's horses for courses, one of the things I was most pleased with last year was a BNWL cardigan in just the colour and style I was looking for, and I wore it a lot over the winter, but it was Primark, so I guess a lot of people wouldn't have been interested, as I'm sure you could get better makes in charity shops for the same price, but it was cheaper than it would have been originally and it was what I was looking for at the time :D
    A bargain is a bargain if you're happy with the price and you really want the item - regardless of how much you've paid and where you bought it from. :)
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,258 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hi folks.

I did too :)
    In fact one of my best buys was in 2000 - 4 Le Crueset casseroles, 2 small, 2 large in flame orange. Much coveted by DS2!
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    hello....love crueset iv found a couple of bits over the years :j went into the cr cs yesterday prices either a quid/2 quid/or 3 quid....I was looking at the handbags and sitting there was a Radley leather tote bag....nearly had a turn £3 quid oh my its lovely I love Radley and when I had a look on line...£249 now got all my junk in :D

happy hunting over the weekend xxx
    onwards and upwards
  • Pollycat
    Options
    hello....love crueset iv found a couple of bits over the years :j went into the cr cs yesterday prices either a quid/2 quid/or 3 quid....I was looking at the handbags and sitting there was a Radley leather tote bag....nearly had a turn £3 quid oh my its lovely I love Radley and when I had a look on line...£249 now got all my junk in :D

happy hunting over the weekend xxx
    Lordy! Lordy!
    That's a bargain-and-a-half! :T

I didn't realise Radley did bags that expensive.
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,163 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I haven!!!8217;t recognised a single of these handbag manufacturers yet! I!!!8217;ve never understood handbag love and prefer my pockets.

Today - grey t shirt with white owl motifs
  • Pollycat
    Options
    Frith wrote: »
    I haven!!!8217;t recognised a single of these handbag manufacturers yet! I!!!8217;ve never understood handbag love and prefer my pockets.

Today - grey t shirt with white owl motifs

What are pockets? :huh:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family