Online banking that does not allow transfers, only statements?

Options
13»

Comments

• ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    Options
    EarthBoy wrote: »
    That's not quite true. You can make payments to existing payees without the secure key, you just can't set up new ones without it. If you've made a faster payment over the phone, it will save the details on your online banking and allow you to make future payments online to the same person/company.

So, it's not quite what the OP is looking for.

I didn't realise that telephone payments were then added to your online banking. Can you not ask the telephone customer adviser to delete that payee from the account after the payment has gone through? You can delete payees from your online account with other banks, so I don't see why not.

I don't think the OP is going to find what he is looking for and First Direct might be the closest he gets to that.
  • gt94sss2
    gt94sss2 Posts: 5,641 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The closest the OP is going to get is the Santander solution I posted in post #3 which in fact seems to offer him exactly what he wants.
  • ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    Options
    gt94sss2 wrote: »
    The closest the OP is going to get is the Santander solution I posted in post #3 which in fact seems to offer him exactly what he wants.

Does that allow the OP to download statements, rather than just view them online, as he has said that this is something he does want?

I still think that he is not going to get exactly what he wants and that either your suggestion, or mine are the closest to it (both in different ways).

The OP is also wary of Santander because of a Which? report. Personally, I think most Which? reports are unfit for use as toilet paper, but there we go.
  • syncline
    syncline Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    ValiantSon wrote: »
    The OP is also wary of Santander because of a Which? report. Personally, I think most Which? reports are unfit for use as toilet paper, but there we go.
    My guess would be you are right about the toilet paper technically speaking, but Santander falling even to tick some boxes to do better in reports like this suggests they wasn't much concern even over appearances. So I think reports like this do give some information.
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,584 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    So did you choose a solution? Virgin Money Essential perhaps..?
    Evolution, not revolution
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport