Forum Home» Benefits & Tax Credits

MSE News: HMRC website glitch means parents are being told they AREN'T eligible...

New Post Advanced Search

MSE News: HMRC website glitch means parents are being told they AREN'T eligible...

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Benefits & Tax Credits
1 reply 1.6K views
MSE_LukeMSE_Luke MSE Staff
295 posts
Fourth Anniversary
MSE Staff
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Benefits & Tax Credits
Some parents using childcare vouchers are wrongly being told they aren't eligible for 30 hours of free childcare...
Read the full story:
'HMRC website glitch means parents are being told they AREN'T eligible for 30 hours of free childcare'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Replies

• SillychuckieSillychuckie Forumite
    1.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Happened to me also some months ago and I had to phone them up.
    The 'work around', is to click on the bit which says that you *HAVE* given up collecting childcare vouchers through your employer (even if untrue), and clicking 'Next'.
    At the final confirmation page, you can then click 'Edit' to change your answer, and it lets you put it back to the previous value.
    It then gets you to reconfirm your details of salary etc but then eventually lets you submit and renew.

Quite annoying they still haven't fixed it. It never occurred to me to inform MSE, but this bug is by no means a new one.

SC
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support