Options
2»

Comments

• molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,928 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Wig wrote: »
    Thanks, but it's not down to the suppliers to make themselves available, but it is down to the switching/comparison sites to put every supplier (or not) onto the database, they don't need the suppliers permission all they need to do is make sure the tariffs are correct. The reason they don't put them all on is because they only want you to see the ones that they can make referral fees from.
    And where do you expect them to get that information from if the supplier does not provide it ?
  • NineDeuce
    NineDeuce Posts: 997 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks, but it's not down to the suppliers to make themselves available, but it is down to the switching/comparison sites to put every supplier (or not) onto the database, they don't need the suppliers permission all they need to do is make sure the tariffs are correct. .

This is not true. The comparison site is effectively an agent and earn a commission from the supplier for obtaining custom and have direct links to the suppliers' websites to confirm that it was the comparison site that actually gained the custom.

Of course they need permission.
  • NineDeuce
    Options
    Thanks, So Ofgem are responsible for this, unbelieveable! I shall write to my MP about it (for all the good it will do). However even back in the day I remember that Which? site refused to put EBICO on their site siting that they were not available to everyone (which was not true and I told them so) so it seems that sites never *had* to put every supplier on? .

How does that mean Ofgem are responsible for this? The comparison site should be allowed to put what they want on there. Why should they be forced to advertise suppliers who may even be undesirable?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    NineDeuce wrote: »
    How does that mean Ofgem are responsible for this? The comparison site should be allowed to put what they want on there. Why should they be forced to advertise suppliers who may even be undesirable?

Energy PCWs are required to comply with Ofgem's Confidence Code which mandates, inter alia, how savings are to be calculated.

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/ofgem-publications/120957

The revised Confidence Code is from Page 13 onwards.
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi,

I need an energy compare site that compares *all* the suppliers

I just did a check on uswitch and they only gave me results from the big boys, no mention of Ebico or Robin Hood.

thanks.

uSwitch will list all. You just need to ensure you modify the default filter to "Include plans that require switching directly through the supplier"

There are other options listed here by MSE, and if you use their links, they will pay cashback too :money:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/you-switch-gas-electricity
  • NineDeuce
    Options
    Hengus wrote: »
    Energy PCWs are required to comply with Ofgem's Confidence Code which mandates, inter alia, how savings are to be calculated.

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/ofgem-publications/120957

The revised Confidence Code is from Page 13 onwards.

Yes I get that they have to be accurate with the information listed, but they arent obliged to mention every single supplier...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure