Travelling On

Options

Comments

• edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,463 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    That would be so exciting - one less demand on your precious time and energy - and some money to boot :)
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks Ed! You're right - I'm overlooking the joy of the finish because of the dread of the actions *needed* to finish, but it will be wonderful, there's no doubt.

I'd sort of forgotten about the money too ... there's no capital gains tax, because there's a massive capital loss (minimum of 40%) as well as the annual loss because it doesn't pay for itself. But there will be actual money involved, if it actually sells. As my sister says, everything has a price point at which it sells.

I'm getting excited already :D
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • edinburgher
    Options
    As my sister says, everything has a price point at which it sells.

Absolutely - it's just a case of being realistic :)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,322 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Exciting times ahead on French house :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    Options
    So now its just for us to sort out our sleep :eek:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• edinburgher
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    So now its just for us to sort out our sleep :eek:

You baby whisper DD and I'll post you my leftover painkillers from the time I had a trapped nerve ;)
  • beanielou
    Options
    You baby whisper DD and I'll post you my leftover painkillers from the time I had a trapped nerve ;)

Deal..
    I remember taking my DS to a sleep clinic when he was wee.
    It's certainly no fun when your wee one does not sleep.
    Sends some magic sleep dust your way.

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sleep! Yep, I'd better shut the computer down soon ... and beanie, I see your light is on too ... I use Sleepeaze, the Boots OTC tabs if I really need some help, which I think I do today. They make my lips go numb but their herbal stuff just doesn't help me at all, so industrial strength wotsit it is, when needs must.

I hope everybody sleeps well tonight :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    Sleep! Yep, I'd better shut the computer down soon ... and beanie, I see your light is on too ... I use Sleepeaze, the Boots OTC tabs if I really need some help, which I think I do today. They make my lips go numb but their herbal stuff just doesn't help me at all, so industrial strength wotsit it is, when needs must.

I hope everybody sleeps well tonight :)

Interesting:T. I might buy some if things don't change soon.

For the first time in my whole (long:eek:)life I'm having nights of very disturbed sleep. Not just occasionally but almost every night:(. It doesn't matter too much as I haven't any important appointments or anything particularly onerous to do in the daytimes (cleaning can wait, right?;)). It bothers me all the same as I'm thinking it might be a permanent state of affairs from now on:eek:. Correction, I had a couple of nights with sleep problems last year because I had raging toothache but that was easily remedied.

I was always overjoyed and thankful that as soon as my head hit the pillow every single night I'd fall into a deep, dreamless sleep and stay that way right through until morning:j. My Dad used to say I could sleep on a washing line:rotfl:. I possibly did dream but never had any recollection of them. I'm not doing anything differently now to then and I can only put it down to the death of my brother and everything that surrounded it. I just drop off about 11 but am fully awake again by about 1.30 and can't get off again after that whatever I do.
  • edinburgher
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Deal..
    I remember taking my DS to a sleep clinic when he was wee.
    It's certainly no fun when your wee one does not sleep.
    Sends some magic sleep dust your way.

I fear it has become a game now:

"DD steal Daddy bed? DD sleep in her own bed!"

"NO! MY SLEEP IN DADDY BED :D"
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills