IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Help Please APCOA Parking (UK) Ltd

Options
Darth_V
Darth_V Posts: 1 Newbie
edited 2 January 2018 at 6:09PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
The driver often drops off / Picks up a railway employee from the station. On one occasion the driver happened to be there almost an hour waiting in the car. (his train was either late or he caught a later one).
42 days later the keeper received a PCN saying notice is served to the registered keeper for alleged contravention Use of Private Car Park without a valid payment/permit. Incidentally The date of issue of the Notice was the day before the keeper received it (41 days after the event)
They have a picture of the car arriving & leaving with a time stamp and a separate box with the number plate enhanced (as it is impossible to read the number plate of the car leaving on the pictures they sent and very difficult to read on the picture of the car entering).
On going back to the car park in the daylight there are small signs which mention a 20 minute waiting restriction and £100 Fine. These are difficult to see and find in the daylight let alone on a dark wet night from the car.
What should I as keeper of the vehicle do?
I think my 2 main appeal points, as I am appealing as keeper are
1) there can be no keeper liability as I received the Notice to keeper 41 days after the incident
2) and also being a railway car park POFA2012 compliance does not apply on railway land - so keeper not liable

In the first instance do I just send the letter as per blue template to get a POPLA code?

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport