Renewing Kaspersky ex-Barclays

Options
I did this earlier and thought it might be useful to share some information.

1. It's £4.99 but they gave me an additional 10% discount at the till so £4.49.

2. As far as I can see it's the normal version (not a cut-down one).

3. It is valid for three devices.

4. You have to stick with the default "automatic renewal" option - if you deselect it then the price turns into £44.99 - and this will be at whatever price is current at the time of the next renewal date. There are instructions to turn it off prior to actually renewing, and it says it will e-mail you beforehand (and not just sneakily renew it without saying) but I have diarised it just in case. Also, you need to be able to log in to your account to turn the feature off, so don't lose the e-mail with the password on it which they send you when you have done this current renewal.

5. You don't get to add the new subscription on to your existing Barclays subscription period, it starts as soon as you buy it. So I lost nine days, which I know is a minor issue but I'd have waited nine more days if I'd realised, if only so that I wouldn't necessarily have to worry about it on New Year's Day if I was maybe busy/away next year. :(

6. Buying and renewal process was nice and easy, including installing it from scratch on my Surface (which I hadn't got around to doing before on the grounds that I don't use it for online banking). OK this evil Russian corporation now have my card details but, oh wait, they have all of my online banking and card details and usernames and passwords anyway if they want them due to having had their software sitting on my computer for the whole of 2017, so I won't be losing any sleep over that.

Hope this is of some use! :)

Comments

• Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi

As you've already re-posted over on Budgeting and Bank Accounts board having posted here by mistake, I'll lock this version.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure