Is my cat an Oscar winning actor? Or is he actually injured?

Options
2»

Comments

• WibblyGirly
    Options
    He's been in and out again. He nearly knocked the Christmas tree over! He sprinted back in the 2nd time and now he's on my lap grabbing my arm for attention!
    I think he's okay. Obviously if he limps again I will call the vet but at the minute he is certainly back to his active self :)
  • Soot2006
    Soot2006 Posts: 2,168 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sounds like he might have a little splinter or thorn - hurts at certain angles/pressure, absolutely fine at other angles ... Not an emergency in my world, so would keep an eye. These things often work themselves out without any drama. The limping is the only thing that would interest me. The paw holding, as you said, could be reinforced as well. I had a cat for 18 years who never placed her left paw on the floor when sitting down. But she also never limped ;)
  • Silvertabby
    Silvertabby Posts: 9,039 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Then starts with the paw again! Walking on 3 legs sitting in the kitchen looking super cute!
    All we can see in his paw is a little black dot that shouldn't be there as his pads are all pink.
    Could this be a thorn or splinter? If the pad looks red and/or feels warm, it may be infected.

Add: Soot - our posts crossed !
  • Shoshannah
    Options
    Can't say my first thought upon seeing my cat limping would be 'how cute'.

Anyway, what happened in the end? Is he back to normal now?

For future reference, you can call your vet for advice even when they are closed. There is no charge for this service.
  • auntyrara
    Options
    Obviously take him to the vets to be checked out. But to hopefully put your mind at ease a bit. My cat did the same thing. We took him to vets. Vet examined him and said he was just being mardy/doing it for attention. Never did it again. He hated going to the vets so it wasn't the kind of attention he wanted.
  • WibblyGirly
    Options
    Shoshannah wrote: »
    Can't say my first thought upon seeing my cat limping would be 'how cute'.

Anyway, what happened in the end? Is he back to normal now?

For future reference, you can call your vet for advice even when they are closed. There is no charge for this service.

Hurty paw didn't come back after I posted this. I think maybe he slept on it funny or something or just had a sore paw.

auntyrara - I think that is exactly what we would have been told if we'd taken him in. Which is why I followed advice online that said if the cat was still being normal in every other way, to wait a few days and see it clears up, which it did. He hates being in his carrier in the car and he'd have told us about it all the way to the vets and back :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure