Mitte,Berlin

Options
Can anyone recommend a nice hotel in this area for 3 nights in April? I have started looking but am going round in circles. Budget £100 per night (possibly a bit more if breakfast included). Needs to be very near public transport and if there are things to see within around 20 minutes walk that would be good.

Comments

• richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • katejo
    katejo Posts: 3,818 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Can anyone recommend a nice hotel in this area for 3 nights in April? I have started looking but am going round in circles. Budget £100 per night (possibly a bit more if breakfast included). Needs to be very near public transport and if there are things to see within around 20 minutes walk that would be good.
    I have stayed twice at the IBIS hotels which are not far from Potsdamer Platz and within easy walking distance of plenty of places. There are two hotels there. One is cheaper than the other but i have stayed in both and they were fine. The slightly more comfortable one has a restaurant and provides a good breakfast for visitors to both hotels. If you pay a slightly higher rate, you have the right to cancel right up to the planned arrival date (before 12.00 I think) without penalty. Prices depend upon your dates https://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-3752-ibis-berlin-city-potsdamer-platz/index.shtml
  • needaholiday
    Options
    It does indeed. Not one I had previously looked at. I will take a closer look. Thanks.
  • boliston
    boliston Posts: 3,012 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I went to berlin in september and was looking at budget hotels and the only one i could find that did not require prepayment or was stupidly expensive was ibis potsdamer - i booked it and was about to go but at the last minute my oh found a deal at the nearby crowne plaza but i would have been quite happy with ibis as it was nearer to the metro station and a stones throw from checkpoint charlie - my trip http://www.boliston.com/2017/11/19/berlin-trip-3-9-17-6-9-17/
  • 1trainer1
    1trainer1 Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    We went a few years ago and stayed at the ibis budget hotel, it was clean comfortable and cheap which is what we wanted and just across road from the train station
    Blessed on 18th February 2014 at 0814 with little Sarah xxx
  • force_ten
    force_ten Posts: 1,931 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    there seems to be lots of recommendations for ibis and ibis budget at potsdamerplatz there is also a Novotel suites hotel at the same location and i have stayed here

it is 500 mts walk to checkpoint charlie and a short walk to the potsdamerplatz shopping and entertainment complex, also right outsine the hotels you have the Anhalter bhanhof which has stops for S bhan and regional trains from anhalter it is a couple of stops into haptbhanhof and this gives access to anypart of the city also look at park inn by radisson they ave a couple of hotels in the city and can find some great deals
  • needaholiday
    Options
    Thanks everyone. These Ibis hotels seem to be in great locations but although I have nothing against them and have stayed in several we are going to celebrate a friend's 50th birthday and I know she will want somewhere a bit nicer or different. I wil definately mention them to her though as she agrees being near to transport is a big plus.
    Boliston - your trip looks very interesting and will give us some ideas as we don't know where to start! Thanks for sharing.
  • StaffieTerrier
    Options
    We're going to Berlin in February. We're going to be staying at NH Collection Berlin Mitte am Checkpoint Charlie. While we've not yet been, I've stayed in NH Collection hotels before and have always had a comfortable stay. We managed to book a deal through Secret Escapes where we've paid just under £100 per night, including breakfast.

https://www.nh-hotels.com/hotel/nh-collection-berlin-mitte-checkpoint-charlie
  • nwc389
    nwc389 Posts: 497 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    We stayed at the Adina aparthotel in Hackescher Markt , in an excellent spot for transport links , walking tour meet points . Has kitchen facilities and a supermarket round the corner plus plenty of places to eat nearby .
    We usually had our breakfast in the room and it was nice to have the facility to store drinks in the fridge.
    We are going to stay there again when we return to Berlin in April
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport