PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2018 - No Clutter To Be Seen

Options

Comments

• bit_by_bit
    bit_by_bit Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Cleared out inboxes at work and on my surveys email. Sooooo good.
    Wife, mother, gardener, nurse, Big C survivor. Officially retired at 55 2021 [/b][/b].Mortgage free April 2021Challenges 2024: Decluttering Campaign 32/100 bags plus 0 large items. Make £2024 in 2024#8 £0/£2024 Using my craft stash 0/52 Reading books 0/52 Donations for the CS/washing done from others (in and outs) in 2024 x 10 bags and 0 large items.
  • oceanspirit
    Options
    3 x kids crockery to CS
    2 x broken baskets on woodburner
    2 x items old paperwork recycled and shredded
    1 x bookcase to neighbour
    1 x single valance to charity

running total 95/2018

26 x old emails deleted

225/2018
    Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    Hi everyone - I’m back:o

The two large bags have been delivered to the cs & arrangements made for cs to pick up a glass fronted cabinet next week. DH has arranged a council collection of really tatty old furniture for next Friday - will add these ITEMS WHEN they are out of the house:j but space, glorious space when they are gone:rotfl:

So here I go:-

1632 - 1633 Food Tins washed & recycled
    1634 - 1636 Magazine & Newspapers read & recycled
    1637 - 1639 Plastic bottles washed & recycled
    1640 - 1641 Small Cardboard Boxes recycled
    1642 - 1643 Large Delivery Boxes dismantled & recycled
    1644 - 1687 Items to cs Crafting - 12 Ribbons, 3 Bows, Bow with ribbons attached, 14 ‘bits’ for card craft, 2 Box Files with one full of packaging & wrapping materials, 9 Sheets of A3 Card, 3 small boxes
    1688 Flour sifter to cs
    1689 Pack of 2 sheets of wrapping paper & gift tags with a Mickey & Minnie Mouse theme to cs
    1690 Small flat bean bag for lining basket to cs
    1691 Scarf Tidy to cs
    1692 - 1696 Pendants to cs
    1697 - 1698 Pair of Earrings in a jewellery box to cs
    1699 Pair of earrings to cs
    1700 Necklace of Large Marble Beads to cs
    1701 Elasticated Bracelet to cs
    1702 - 1703 Enamel Bracelet in a jewellery box to cs
    1704 - 1705 Hallmarked Silver Hinged Bangle style Bracelet in a jewellery box to cs
    1706 Decorated Leather Belt with Metal Buckle decorated with a train annotated Wells Fargo, South Dakota to cs
    1707 ‘Tree of Life’ Bracelet (found in busy street) donated to Cs

To a clutter free 2018

MrsSD
    1707/2018
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    311-312 pens that have run out of ink.
    313-315 receipts shredded.
    316 foundation sample used up.
    317 rag binned. Had to many holes in to be of any use. It started life as a t shirt and been used for cleaning for at least a year.
  • tboo
    tboo Posts: 1,379 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Not much today.

Not counting it - recycling bits and bobs
    “You’re only here for a short visit.
    Don’t hurry, don't worry and be sure to smell the flowers along the way.”
    Walter Hagen

365 Day 1p Challenge for 2021 #41 ✅
    Jar £440.31/£667.95 and Bank £389.67/£667.95

• villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    318-327 far more than 10 but bottles to bottle bank. They have been sitting in the recycling for ages.
    328 DS2 box for his wellies recycled. It has been sitting by the side of the house all year.
    Slowly getting things clear but this thread makes me continue and also makes me realise how much I have actually achieved.
  • stirchleygirl
    Options
    Hi All

This is my first time posting on a thread.

I just found this thread today and have been enjoying reading it all afternoon :-) I would like to join in as I have got this next week off work (annual leave) and will be able to devote some 'spoons' to it (I have ME/CFS so I have little if any 'spoons'/energy and brain power to do anything else when it's a working week). My personal assistant (PA) AKA as care worker will be able to help me as she wont be having to wash and dress me for work and I'm sure she wont mind some extra hours this week. ADVANCED WARNING - my spelling/grammar/punctuation won't always be correct as I have brain fog from my ME/CFS and also a separate problem with my working memory which means my ability to do these things correctly is un-reliable.

So I made a start this morning as the pen I was using dropped behind my medicine/health baskets that I haven't got the strength to move so I needed another one from my pot - the first one didn't work nor the second one so in a huff I got the all out and tested them - I had to bin 15 that are so old they won't work :-( I was a bit upset as 6 of them were decorative ones that I had 'been saving for best' - lesson now learnt always use pretty items when I'm receiving them as otherwise I wont get to use them. 12 other pens still work so have gone back in the pot.

So 2,018 things to be decluttered in 2018
    15/2018
    1-15 dried up pens in the rubbish bin
    I am disabled 11 years with CFS/ME and also have problems with my working memory
  • edwink
    edwink Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi All This is my first time posting on a thread.
    I just found this thread today and have been enjoying reading it all afternoon :-) I would like to join in as I have got this next week off work (annual leave) and will be able to devote some 'spoons' to it (I have ME/CFS so I have little if any 'spoons'/energy and brain power to do anything else when it's a working week). My personal assistant (PA) AKA as care worker will be able to help me as she wont be having to wash and dress me for work and I'm sure she wont mind some extra hours this week. ADVANCED WARNING - my spelling/grammar/punctuation won't always be correct as I have brain fog from my ME/CFS and also a separate problem with my working memory which means my ability to do these things correctly is un-reliable.
    So I made a start this morning as the pen I was using dropped behind my medicine/health baskets that I haven't got the strength to move so I needed another one from my pot - the first one didn't work nor the second one so in a huff I got the all out and tested them - I had to bin 15 that are so old they won't work :-( I was a bit upset as 6 of them were decorative ones that I had 'been saving for best' - lesson now learnt always use pretty items when I'm receiving them as otherwise I wont get to use them. 12 other pens still work so have gone back in the pot.
    So 2,018 things to be decluttered in 2018
    15/2018
    1-15 dried up pens in the rubbish bin

That's a good start stirchleygirl. I also have sorted all my pens out and couldn't believe the amount that were not working and had to be thrown out. I also have ME/CFS so I know how hard some days can be with no energy left to do things. So I am slowly getting my decluttering done by adding bits to my charity shop bag, recycling container or the bin. I write the items down on a pad as and when then post them on here when I am able too logon.

Anyway nice to have you on board with us.

Edwink x
    **3.36 kWp solar panel system, 10 x Ultima & 4 x Panasonic solar panels, Solaredge Inverter **Biomass boiler stove for cooking, hot water & heating **2000ltr Rainwater harvesting system for loo flushing - **Hybrid Toyota Auris car **1 ex-battery hen - RIP Pingu, Hoppy & Ginger ****Hens & Ducks**** chat thread. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5282209
  • oceanspirit
    Options
    Hello and welcome to Stirchleygirl.

1 old photo on woodburner
    5 x pots vitamin supplements emptied into bin and pots washed for recycling

total 101/2018 (yay, finally reached 100!)

10 x old emails deleted

235/2018
    Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    :hello: Stirchleygirl & welcome to the thread. What a good start:T Everyone is very friendly here & willing to offer ideas if you get stuck or don’t know where to start :)

1708 CD to cs
    1709 Plastic Milk Carton washed & recycled
    1710 - 1711 Tins washed & recycled
    1712 Plastic Tub washed& recycled
    1713 - 1749 Paper Photo Packets recycled
    1750 - 1776 Sets of Negatives binned
    1777 - 1843 Grubby, non sticky envelopes recycled
    1844 - 1912 Bottle Caps (year dates printed e.g. 1979) to cs Crafting
    1913 - 1915 Ribbons to cs Crafting
    1916 Set of A4 Dividers to cs admin
    1917 Multi coloured Canvas Shopping Bag to cs
    1918 - 1919 Large bags of old wooden fencing to Recycling Centre

To a clutter free 2018

MrsSD
    1919/2018
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure