When are flights released for Christmas 2018 to Jan 2019?

Options
I know this is a bit far in the future, but I want to go and see my sister for Christmas next year in Australia, rather than spend yet another one apart. I need to budget and save big time to do this but I can't find any flights that go beyond December currently. Does anyone know when I will be able to get prices and also, any recommendations for where to look for great deals (flying from LHR, LGW)? Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• sandsy
    sandsy Posts: 1,720 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/flight-ticket-release-dates

If you're only coming back in January 2019, the seats for your return flight probably won't be available until February 2018.

Are you a member of any frequent flyer schemes? Probably worth joining, if you're not, for a flight of that distance as you'll get a fair number of frequent flyer points.
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Where in Aus do you want to fly to?

If you can leave Aus on 31st Dec, flights can be cheaper. These flights should be on sale about 10th Jan 18.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • gettingtheresometime
    Options
    Having flown to Australia with BA & Quantas, my preference would be for BA.

Flew once with a stopover in Dubai and once with a stopover in Singapore - & my preference would be to do the Singapore stopover if I had to choose with one to do again
  • richardw
    Options
    Having flown to Australia with BA & Quantas, my preference would be for BA....my preference would be to do the Singapore stopover if I had to choose with one to do again

There’s also Singapore Airlines.
  • Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Quantas are starting a non-stop service in 2018. Might be worth a look if the destinations suit.
  • jow4396
    Options
    Thanks people. I'm going to Brisbane - I have flown there before with Emirates and found them really good. I can't say the non stop flight appeals to me to be honest, as it's nice to have a break - not that I can use that service for Brisbane anyway! I didn't know BA flew there! I'll have a look at them too.

So basically, I'm going to need to wait until Feb really. I do want to stay until after new year as I don't know when I'd next be able to see her, so I want to make the most of it :)

Thanks again
  • richardw
    Options
    BA don’t fly all the way to BNE.

There are no non-stop flights from LON-BNE.
  • fifeken
    fifeken Posts: 2,701 Forumite
    Options
    Look at the Chinese airlines for the best prices, but read the reviews first so you know what to expect.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure