Adventures of the Boy & Me: Part 2..

Options

Comments

• Chandelier.
    Options
    Hello,

Another quick update.

The wedding went well on Saturday and I've some leftover cash from my budget which is currently sitting in my purse. I'll find a home for it later at some point.

This week is going to be spendy. I have the dentist on Thursday where I'll pay the remaining costs for the work I'm having done. I also will be getting a quote done for some repairs that I now need doing on my car. This months proving to be rather spendy so far with everything going on.

I've joined some debtfree wannabe challenges.

The main being the NSDs challenge. I'm up to 6/15 NSDs so far and I'm hoping for more.

I've also joined the pay off your debt in 100 days and have set myself a target of paying off £125 before November 21st. Fingers crossed.

I need to sort out my online banking for my nati0nwide bank account. I've been putting it off for weeks now. I really need to sort it out so I can divert spare funds elsewhere.

That's pretty much it really.
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
    :D
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,627 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad wedding went well.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Chandelier.
    Options
    Afternoon,

All is well, with the boy and me. We are slowly getting back into a routine thank goodness. However, I'm not too well at the moment and have a chest infection- hopefully the antibiotics and steroids can sort this out.

I've had quite a busy day so far. I visited my friend this morning for a catch up and then I went to the dentist, although I wasn't able to have treatment done due to me being unwell. Instead we have scheduled it for three weeks time which gives me some breathing space for now, money wise.

I've then spent the afternoon sorting out through my makeup, brushes and jewellery. I'm on a mission to get rid of what I don't want or need to make things less cluttered. I've bought a new jewellery box and makeup organiser to store all of these items, meaning I've had a spend day.

I'm not too fussed though as I've still managed to accumulate 7/15 NSDs so far. Whether I'll hit target by the end of the month is a different story. I can only try my best and do what I can.

The damage to my car is being inspected tonight and I'll have a quote of how much it is going to cost to be fixed. I'm thinking worse case scenario and I'm moving money around to fund this. I'll probably have to dip into my savings but I guess that is what they are there for. I just need to accept my savings will take a hit for now.

I've not made any further debt repayments for now due to everything that is going on. I've still some things to sort out from our holiday so once that is done I will have a better idea of where I am moneywise.

I had saving targets that I wanted to meet by the end of the year but I might forget these for now and concentrate on other things going on.

I'm going to solely focus on bringing down my virgin credit card until it hits zero and set up a standing order to clear the other one. I'm trying not to think about it too much and I'm in two minds about how I am tackling it. I just need to relax about it all. It's not keeping me awake at night but it's just irking me a little. I do have enough savings to pay them off but it's all on 0% and my savings are earning interest elsewhere.

Anyway I can leave that for another time.

Have a great afternoon.
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
  • Chandelier.
    Options
    Hello,

Just a quick update from me.. the car repair man came yesterday and quoted me £300 for the work needed.. I was thinking it would cost around £600/£700 so I am happy with that. It is due to go in for repairs next weekend and I have the money in the car fund to cover this.

I am writing off today as a bad day. I have no motivation to do anything and all I want to do is sleep. I am not succumbing to that though and will try and tackle some of the jobs that need doing. My mood is just a bit low.

I find myself worrying about the minimal debt I carry.. why?! I don't know. I could just use my savings to pay it off however they are building up in a high interest account so are better off there is you see what I mean?

My head is just in the clouds. I need a wakeup call. I need to set myself some goals/targets and find the motivation again for this.

I have taken a break from all forms of social media and have stopped responding to texts/conversations unless urgent or required. I find myself slowly withdrawing from life, although this isn't always the best thing to do, for now I feel I need it. I need time to myself and to reflect on this past year.
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
  • beanielou
    Options
    Be kind to yourself.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Chandelier.
    Options
    Thanks beanie, I am trying to be.

I've moved money around within my pots and put enough together to pay off my Virgin CC which had a balance of £400.00. That now stands at £0.

I only have my First Direct CC left which I made a payment of £25.00 to. That now brings the balance down to £550.00.

However this is likely to increase once I have the rest of my dental work done. I should know final figures around mid November and then I can create a plan from there.

I feel like a small weight has been lifted.
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
  • beanielou
    Options
    I think you have made the right decision for you to pay of the one credit card :)

• Chandelier.
    Options
    I hope so, Beanie. It's one less thing to pay for.

I know the debt will increase on my remaining card but once I know total figures, I'll figure out a plan of how to repay this. Or once my 5% savings account has matured, I can use the funds from that to maybe repay it all in one go.

The thing is, I'm impatient. It's all the little things that add up and I'm able to see that now.

My budgets for everything are still intact and healthy. After allocating my money to different funds each month, I usually still have a small amount left. I need to find a home for this so I'm not tempted to spend.

I'm on a mission to knuckle down now.

Today has been a NSD, bringing my total to 8/15 NSDs. We are making homemade chicken nuggets for tea.

Tomorrow, we are off out to meet the boys friend at an activity centre. I may nip into town afterwards to do a bit of Christmas shopping. I'm planning on buying my niece and nephew some pyjamas for Christmas instead of toys. At least they'll get used.
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
  • Chandelier.
    Options
    Afternoon,

The boy had a great time with his friend at the indoor trampoline park and spent two hours bouncing around. The total spends were £17.50 which overall isn't too bad.

I then went Christmas shopping and have bought for my brother, his wife, son and daughter. I had a budget of £50 for them all and spent £48 in total, which I am happy about.

I also treated myself to some new bedding, new earrings and a new pen set. The bedding had 30% off and the total came to £36.90. It feels good to treat myself every now and again as I don't spend a lot on myself.

I then went to another store and bought two photo frames. I am putting a nice picture of the boy in, to give to his grandparents/dad for Christmas. I just need to get the picture copied and reprinted. I will see how I go about that later on in the week. Hopefully I can scan the photo at work and get it sent across to my own email before getting it reprinted online.

So overall, today has been a spend day. I knew it would be and I am happy with what I have bought and spent.

I have a few things left to do around the house and then I can sit back and relax.

My jobs left to do:

- Sort out any post/paperwork and shred what is not needed.
    - Organise my makeup/brushes into organiser.
    - Put the rest of my jewellery away.
    - Declutter one corner of my bedroom.
    - Make an inventory of food in freezers.
    - Dinner from stores, it's pizza night tonight.

That is pretty much it from today. I am working tomorrow so I don't have any spends planned. I will try my hardest to reach 15 NSDs by the end of the month. However it isn't the end of the world if I don't.
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
  • Chandelier.
    Options
    Afternoon,

Just on my lunch break at work and I'm absolutely shattered. I've left my purse at home so today is another NSD, meaning my total is now 8/15 NSD.

I think I'm going to have a quiet week. I've only made plans for one day which is afternoon tea with a friend. I just want to be by myself this upcoming week and spend some time on me.

I just want to knuckle down on saving now and making any further repayments I can towards debt. I know I need to slow the repayments down but I just want them out the way.

I managed to do everything I wanted to yesterday on my to do list and cleared two bin bags full of rubbish, got rid of loads of paperwork and filled what was necessary. I just need to do an inventory of our freezer now.

Anyway, off I go.
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income