PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Multi Cooker/ Instant Pot

Options
13»

Comments

• MandM90
    MandM90 Posts: 2,246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    A word of warning for anyone who goes for InstantPot - the slow cooker function is very inferior to my cheap and battered 10yo Morphy Richards Sear and Stew. I only really use it for pressure dried beans now (we're veggie) and am considering selling. Lots of things (lentils, rice) actually seem quicker on the hob once you factor in time taken to get to pressure.

I'm sure it's v. valuable for cooking cheaper cuts of meat though.
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    MandM90 wrote: »
    A word of warning for anyone who goes for InstantPot - the slow cooker function is very inferior to my cheap and battered 10yo Morphy Richards Sear and Stew. I only really use it for pressure dried beans now (we're veggie) and am considering selling. Lots of things (lentils, rice) actually seem quicker on the hob once you factor in time taken to get to pressure.

I'm sure it's v. valuable for cooking cheaper cuts of meat though.

The Instant Pot I'm waiting for is only recently released in the US .

There did seem to be some issues with the models that were selling out last year . The only reason I haven't bought the King Pro is those I've seen are non stick and I prefer Stainless Steel when cooking .
    polly
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    clairebeth wrote: »
    Hello,

I've been wanting to replace my broken rice cooker, and was fortunate enough to be given a £50 Amazon voucher for Christmas. When I've searched for rice cookers, quite a lot of these multi cookers have come up and I wonder what your opinion is? Certainly it would be nice to create space by getting rid of rice cooker and rather cumbersome slow cooker, both which get regular use. But I also don't want something that is a jack of all trades but master of none.

Most of the ones in my price range are brands other than the famous 'instant pot', but if you felt the Instant Pot was the one that does all the functions 'properly' then I would probably hold out for it!

Many thanks!
    Bump bump bump

polly
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • pamsdish
    pamsdish Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I am looking for some good cooking ideas, successful recipes hints and tips, U.K. based, all the sites I am finding seem U.S. where cooking always seems to involve adding packets and cans or jars, I WANT TO COOK.
    Do I need it or just want it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport