PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Multi Cooker/ Instant Pot

Options

Comments

• downshifted
    downshifted Posts: 1,153 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I liked the idea of these but after following the FB Page it seemed to me they were rather complicated to use. It seems like a totally new way of cooking to learn, and I’m not sure I can be bothered. Maybe I’m wrong.
    Downshifted

September GC £251.21/£250 October £248.82/£250 January £159.53/£200
  • prosaver
    prosaver Posts: 7,026 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 31 December 2017 at 8:51PM
    Options
    “Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”
    ― George Bernard Shaw
  • clairebeth
    Options
    Yes, so that's a different brand, but certainly cheap! I wonder if I should just go for that one instead. I suppose, as long as I get something that can cook rice, I've achieved my initial goal!
  • Callie22
    Callie22 Posts: 3,444 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    clairebeth wrote: »
    Thanks all! I think I will hold out for the instant pot to come back in stock then! Does anyone know what the usual price is? I can't seem to find out?

It depends which model. If you're looking at Amazon then the prices fluctuate quite a lot - they are often on offer and I think I got mine for £60, although this was a year or so ago. I think they're 'normally' priced at about £100-ish for the six-in-one. Having seen a few TV adverts for the Pressure King Pro I have to say it looks almost identical.
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Callie22 wrote: »
    Having seen a few TV adverts for the Pressure King Pro I have to say it looks almost identical.

Yes, that's the conclusion I came to, and it's available in John Lewis and Currys.

It comes in a few different sizes and versions too, some with less functions that may be more suited if you don't think you'll use all the features.

I got this book (£11 on eBay)
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/New-Complete-Pressure-Cooker-Electric/dp/0754832880/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1514809827&sr=1-3&refinements=p_27%3AJennie+Shapter

I got a few from the library first and found this one the best.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • misfire
    misfire Posts: 507 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I have a kingpro one - It does all what I need (and much more) and i know they are now cheaper than when I got mine for my birthday. I only really use the meat and stew function on it and it is one gadget that I do really use.
    Debt free May 2016 (without the support of MSE forum users that would never have been possible - thank you all)
  • vatic
    vatic Posts: 183 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Those of you who already have an electric pressure cooker, which size do you have?
    How many people do you feed with it?
    What amount of meat/soup/etc can you put in it?

I really like the look of the KingPro one, but am wondering if the 5 litre will be enough for us. We're only a family of 3 (but we love our food ;) ) and would like the flexibility of needing to feed more than 3-4 people and/or have leftovers because I usually have them for lunch at the moment when I cook things for dinner and in my slow cooker.
    March win: Fair Squared organic spa skincare set
    It isn't where you came from; it's where you're going that counts -- Ella Fitzgerald

• peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    vatic wrote: »
    Those of you who already have an electric pressure cooker, which size do you have?
    How many people do you feed with it?
    What amount of meat/soup/etc can you put in it?

I really like the look of the KingPro one, but am wondering if the 5 litre will be enough for us. We're only a family of 3 (but we love our food ;) ) and would like the flexibility of needing to feed more than 3-4 people and/or have leftovers because I usually have them for lunch at the moment when I cook things for dinner and in my slow cooker.

Mine is the 6 litre version, I mainly cook for the 2 of us and have only ever filled it to the min line, that's a about 1kg of meat plus veg, enough for a stew for dinner and left overs for a pie, or generous a dinner for 3/4. There's plenty of room to double up any recipe, I think you could easily do a stew for 6 in it, so maybe a good guide would be 1 litre capacity per person?

Last night I made BBq ribs, they fell off the bone after 25 mins. Bloody lovely!
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hope this helps Csarina .

polly
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I have a 3 litre King Pro and its great. I paid around £45 for mine from tescos'click and collect although online it said it was £49 when I went to order it it cam up cheaper than the online price. I had a play with it over the weekend and it made a delicious piece of gammon in 40 minutes, which when cooled sliced beautifully and I have three portions in my freezer for later. My son -in-law has the 6 litre one and made 4 lamb shanks with it a couple of weeks ago and they were to die for One reason I was tempted to buy one the meat just melts.No way can you not enjoy using it and 100% safer than the old pressure cookers of yesterday year I threw my old one out years ago as I never felt safe using it.The ones today are super safe though I would recommend getting one
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure