IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.
Advent-ures in the MSE Forum... Our Advent calendar is live, helping you discover a new corner of the community each day. Visit the homepage and scroll down

Park with Ease advice

Hello All, i received a couple of letters from park with ease threatening to take to legal action (the letter is attached https://i.imgur.com/bEA69rZ.jpg ). I have a feeling this is a waste of paper and nothing more but can someone please confirm this.

As a side point, they actually sent me a similar letter totally out of the blue for a charge going back to 2015 but they just wrote the number plate and left the make and model of car blank.

Thank you very much in advance

Replies

• As a side point, they actually sent me a similar letter totally out of the blue for a charge going back to 2015 but they just wrote the number plate and left the make and model of car blank.

was this recently?
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • spatel6spatel6 Forumite
    33 Posts
    Sixth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    pappa_golf wrote: »
    As a side point, they actually sent me a similar letter totally out of the blue for a charge going back to 2015 but they just wrote the number plate and left the make and model of car blank.

was this recently?

Yes, got both letters on the same day about 20 days ago. why do you ask?
  • because they have broken most rules by waiting this long , they have a limited time to ask the DVLA for your info , NOT 2 yrs later , they also have to send info out at the correct time

do you have a stamp to hand?

simple letter to DVLA , fill in the dates , first one will be a week or so before the first parking incident , second date will be after the second offence
    they have to ask seperatly for each offence ,

Example Letter

[Your Address]

DVLA Vehicle Record Enquiries section

Longview Road

Morriston

Swansea

SA99 1AJ

Dear Sirs

Re: VRM AB12 XYZ

As the Registered Keeper of the above VRM could you advise who has accessed my personal details with regards to this marque, how often and when did the DVLA send the keeper details out. Please advise the information with regards to events between xx/xx/xx/ and xx/xx/xx.

I understand there is no charge for this information and look forward to your speedy reply.

Yours faithfully

Mr Registered Keeper
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • spatel6spatel6 Forumite
    33 Posts
    Sixth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Sorry to clarify, they did send me 1 or 2 letters after the event. I appealed as the owner for one and left the other one as per the suggestions on this forum.

The latest legal pending action letters just came now.

Sorry for the confusion
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Is your local HSBC closing?

114 branches to shut in 2023

MSE News

Advent Competitions

The countdown is on

MSE Forum

Baileys £10 for 1L at Tesco

When you scan your Clubcard

MSE Deals