is this xmas sale too good to be true?

Options
Hello everyone,
I've been looking for a good deal on a PS4 as we're starting to find game support for our PS3 is dwindling and i found what seems like an amazing sale price. But......
I'm worried as the vendor is asking for BACS payments through Faster Pay. It looks like Faster pay does afford some buying security but i'm not confident. The vendor is offering some sort of buyer security though it's insurance but details aren't offered on the website. The company looks like its only a few months old and i havn't been able to find any reviews.
What do people think?
Would appreciate any opinions or knowledge on this.
not sure if i can say but the website is Yooli shop

Comments

• djohnst
    djohnst Posts: 39 Forumite
    Options
    You really have to ask? :)
  • Money_maker
    Money_maker Posts: 5,471 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Bank transfers are not secure. You will be lucky if you see anything for your money. Just do not do it.
    Please do not quote spam as this enables it to 'live on' once the spam post is removed. ;)

If you quote me, don't forget the capital 'M'

Declutterers of the world - unite! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    if it looks to good to be true!!

does the website have a trading address, does it have contact details including a phone number.

what is the website
  • pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,089 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I would do some research on the company.

Do they have a landline phone number and an address listed? Do these exist? Phone the number and check it out.

Sounds dodgy to me!
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • theonlywayisup
    Options
    Faster pay offers NO security.
  • luchia77
    Options
    Yes it's a registered company with contact details and address, The website is called Yooli Shop, I think I can't post web links on here or can I?
  • shaun_from_Africa
    Options
    photome wrote: »
    if it looks to good to be true!!

does the website have a trading address, does it have contact details including a phone number.

what is the website
    https://yoolishop.co.uk/

At first glance it does look okay but BACS payments only and prices that look far too good to be true are two reasons to avoid it.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 29 December 2017 at 5:26PM
    Options
    They are a tinpot company with tinpot T&C. I would not be dealing with them, let alone (if stupid and tempted) pay by bank transfer.

It is a bargain for a reason.

https://yoolishop.co.uk/terms-and-conditions

Too many unlawful/nonsensical T&C to quote....
    4.4.2. You may cancel any order for Services any time within 7 working days from the day after placing your order, however, you may not cancel once we have started providing any part of such Services to you with your agreement.

4.4.6. You may cancel your order by calling us on ‎01424 234373. For further details on how to cancel, please visit https://www.yoolishop.co.uk, call us on ‎01424 234373. Any cancellation notice must be given before the end of the 7 working day period referred to above.

4.4.1. Consumers ordering Goods or Services at a distance (such as via telephone or online) have certain cancellation rights under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000.

4.4.12. If you cancel your order in accordance with the provisions of this Clause 4.4, subject to the provisions of Clauses 4.4.7 and 4.4.11 we will refund any sums paid by you in relation to your order (less our costs if we have to recover any Goods from you under Clause 4.4.7) within 30 days.

1. Give us a call on ‎01424 234373 to see if you're eligible for a return. If you are, you must send your product to us within seven days of calling
  • luchia77
    Options
    Great, just needed a bit of affirmation on what I was worried about I think. Thanks very much everyone.
  • pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,089 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I would question how a company just 5 months old operating from a warehouse unit can afford to offer such discounts on products.

And their payment methods scream dodgy.

I would phone them up and speak to Paul Webb the company director.
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure