Lenovo ideapad110 - not turning on

in Techie Stuff
3 replies 510 views
bribri_2bribri_2 Forumite
271 Posts
Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
Forumite
My Lenovo ideapad110 will not turn on - I assume it is a battery problem or a fried motherboard, or perhaps the charging socket itself.

I did open it up as I wanted to plug it in without the battery but the battery is internal and it looks a bit of bother to remove it.

There are no display lights when it is plugged in. I have tried the charger on another ideapad and that is fine.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you

Replies

• Battery should be straight forward to remove, if you are not comfortable doing that, I would take it to a local IT company.

If you can remove the battery, remove it. With the charger and battery removed, hold down the power button for 5 seconds to drain excess charge from the motherboard. Then plug the charger in only and see if it powers on or you get any activity. If the charger is in working order and this doesn't make any difference then you are going to need a repair company to have a look for you.
    :beer: Happy New Year and all the best for 2018!

12k for 2018 challenge. 0 / 12000
  • bribri_2bribri_2 Forumite
    271 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thank you.

That has worked - didn't realise the battery was just plugged in - it looked like it was soldered.

How do i avoid it happening again - was it just overcharged?
  • grumpycrabgrumpycrab Forumite
    4.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Bake Off Boss!
    Forumite
    bribri wrote: »
    Thank you.

That has worked
    Does it now work with battery? If not its a dead/faulty battery **do not use** If it works with the battery it should just be a temporary fault.
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Boost your Nectar points

Get up to £25 this Saturday

MSE News

Preparing for summer

What MoneySaving things can you do now to get ready?

MSE Forum

Hot Diamonds 40% off code

Including already-reduced outlet stock

MSE Deals