IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Excel Parking Services county court letter

Options
colloq
colloq Posts: 169 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 29 December 2017 at 3:28PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hi,
I’ve tried to familiarise myself with this but just wanting to reach out for a bit more help;

Back at the start of 2012 nearly 6yrs ago I got a PCN from Excel Parking Services for a vehicle I no longer own in a FREE car park for parking in a restricted area of the car park.

I had a few letters back in 2012/13/14 and not heard anything since. I’ve moved address and had several vehicles since and just had a BW legal letter arrive stating notice or pending county court claim,

I’m confused as to how they’ve obtained my new details. Also, it’s coming upto 6 years since the initial PCN.

What’s the next step of action to take in regards to this, or is this another one of their letter tactics they send out as it’s closing in on the 6yr mark.... Would also be keen on how they’ve obtained new information without breaching any DPA laws

———

Just to add, this was pre October 2012 where I believe laws were introduced around keeper liability, we are talking first few months of 2012.

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    OH DEAR .... Excel and BWLegal scratching around
    again in their archive rubbish bin.

Sounds more like a debt chasing exercise but to make sure
    please scan the letter and upload to a free site and copy
    the URL on here using hxxp instead of http and someone
    here will make it live for you.
    Let the pros on here advise

Redact your personal info please
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Treat it as a lba, read newbies thread as no doubt it doesn’t comply with the new protocol. They obviously used a tracing service. Easy and better than you just finding out you have a default ccj.

Respond, play ping pong until 6 years passed, then refer them to the answer given in Arkell vs Presdram.
  • colloq
    Options
    Hi,
    Here’s the letter as requested. If someone can sort the http part out as stated;

hxxps://ibb.co/dqHXew

If someone can advise on procedure to take next
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 2 January 2018 at 2:02AM
    Options
    http://ibb.co/dqHXew

They are claiming to have already sent you a letter before claim.

I would suggest that you respond as if this is the LBC.

There are plenty of sample responses around. A good starting point is, as always, post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread.

Edited to add:
    As you have already missed the 30 day response window, you can probably expect a county court claim form in the post in due course.
    But do not let that deter you from sending a robust LBC response asap.
  • colloq
    Options
    Thanks for updating the link KeithP

I’ve read over the newbies section, just wanting to make sure I send the right response. From what i gather, as it’s from Feb 2012, it was before the change in keeper responsibilities, and therefore I just want to make sure my letter is in relation to this

Also, I’m around 1 month away from the 6 year stage, so it’d be nice to just let it get to this level also
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,757 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Same as all the other threads talking about the same letter this past week. Read other BW Legal threads, easy to find.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure