Quit..rest ..restart . Diary no.3

Options

Comments

• another_casualty
    Options
    Thanks enthusiastic . I did think of that . However, 2 things are telling me to proceed now :1.) The repair needs doing sooner rather than later and is a big job in itself .2) James is getting bored of the building game and is looking to do something else. So, while I can, I think it is best to just get everything out of the way. James will do small jobs , and I have a feeling he would be there for me one way or another should I ever need anything building related in the future.
  • Gigervamp
    Gigervamp Posts: 6,583 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 26 February 2018 at 7:38PM
    Options
    That does sound a lot. All the cabinets, sink, tap, worktops and in-built fridge for our kitchen from Ikea, came to less than £1000. That's 6 base units, one tall unit, 3 butcherblock worktops and a ceramic sink. We did the labour ourselves though, with me building the cabinets, and husband fitting them to the wall, and the worktops, sinks etc.

I thought you were just getting new doors and worktops?

Good news that you're needing smaller clothes! That must be a boost for you. Unlike my husband who has just had to get new jeans in the next size UP!
    What does your PT think of your progress?
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Hi gigervamp :)
    Initially I was gonna just get kitchen doors. However , I now know why I purchased the flat with No washing machine . The damage done there is bad as mentioned . James has already put new worktops sinks and taps . I managed to paint the kitchen myself . James got Bournemouth flooring to sort out cheap vinyl for kitchen floor .
    They carpeted the whole flat as well. The kitchen floor is bright lime green . The walls white. The cabinets are a very light pine colour.
    I am going for gloss white for kitchen cabinets etc .

My personal trainer is full of encouragement . He actually calls me ‘great’ ‘solid’ ‘machine ‘. I have been called much worse . :cool:
    He is changing my programme again next week . I have 2 programmes already , plus the different stuff I have been doing over last 2 sessions . No doubt you will be telling your other half off now and again :rotfl:
    I’m just amazed at how quick I have gone from a 40” - 36” although I hope to pull less faces and stop the risk of breaking my thumbs when I put a new pair of jeans on tomorrow .
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Threee Bad things happened . 1) massive pain on my right forearm .
    It may be related to my m g condition . Plus the shoulder problem etc
    2) very dry cough intermittently . Maybe this flat is damp ?
    3) spent 100 mins trying to get refund from now tv for something that was supposedly free. Six month entertainment pass. I persisted , while ransacking the flat . Got four months refund in the end and 1 month to watch . So I never lost money , but I Am glad I am not tied into their contract .
    I posted a vent an be tv forum if you are interested :mad:
    What a waste of a morning .
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Threee Bad things happened . 1) massive pain on my right forearm .
    It may be related to my m g condition . Plus the shoulder problem etc
    2) very dry cough intermittently . Maybe this flat is damp ?
    3) spent 100 mins trying to get refund from now tv for something that was supposedly free. Six month entertainment pass. I persisted , while ransacking the flat . Got four months refund in the end and 1 month to watch . So I never lost money , but I Am glad I am not tied into their contract .
    I posted a vent an be tv forum if you are interested :mad:
    What a waste of a morning .

More likely to be the same B cough/infection that everyone and their dog seems to have, I've been suffering since twixmas on and off, just won't disappear.
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Hi harz:)
    Sorry to hear about you having it also :)
    It’s bizarre really . I posted a question about mold issues in the in my home section . One of the members told me of the symptoms they had while living in a damp flat and it mirrored with what I have/had.
    The annoying thing a short while ago , was that I feel more or less fine but once I made a payment and talking to the nice lady in nationwide my nose started to run . Strange thing is , once I left the runny nose stopped.maybe I am joining the club of flu :rotfl:

Just enjoyed nice walk / shopping and it started snowing around 1.20 pm. Made first payment to James , so the ball is rolling .
  • another_casualty
    Options
    So, had a great sleep last night . Do not mind if I wake up too early, but the pain from my forearm has gone for now. Shoulder pain still there but not as bad. Stayed in today , but had a massive clrarout of my belongings . I have been putting this off, but I finally gave up procrastinating and just got on with it . What it entailed was taking out 1 huge crate , 5 trendy habitat storage boxes and go through the whole lot not knowing what was in them .Turned out , most of the contents were cd and dvd plus loose cd booklets. I managed to condense the rest which was paper bills etc and put that lot into a large carrier bag to be sorted whenever.
    The cds etc are put into a huge sports bag . The next thing to do, is put them into my zipped pouches that I purchased many moons ago .
    What I did many years ago, was throw out all of my cd jewel cases.
    The idea was to put CDs into zip pouches with the booklets saving space and being tidy etc. All well and good, but I was busy for many years and it was and is, an uncompleted job. I will tackle that in the very near future .

This brings me onto my next task..offloading all those storage boxes via Ebay .
    I also found a few dvd box sets that I cannot see me watching again , mad men and breaking bad. Got these pre Netflix . I looked on fleabay and they do not seem to be selling very well so I will give them to a charity shop .
    A few hours of productivity today ..
  • another_casualty
    Options
    So, I woke up far too early last night . Around 2.30 am .
    Fell asleep around 4 am. I normally listen to Steve Allen on Lbc but must have fell asleep just before his show was due to start. Woke up to nick Ferrari instead. That was around 7.20 . Felt rough but managed to watch everybody loves raymond around 7.30.

Went to local shop as per usual every couple of days . Made sure I got it out of the way before the apparent blizzard starts later on today.
    Had a goood chat to the lady as usual . She is going to London tomorrow . It turns out she does acting . I did extra work twice, and met Angus deytom . That was about 20 years ago . How time flies.

Just listed those empty habitat boxes on flea bay. Hopefully someone will want them .99p start , so who knows.
    Gotta do some tidying up . Then maybe play the bass guitar .
    Could have went to the gym , but tbh the weather etc I think it is best staying in rather than falling over again :o
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,645 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I went to the gym yesterday with brilliant sunshine and no snow. Saw the snow start to come down and settle and within 30 mins there was deep snow and the road out of my gym which is very hilly littered with abandoned cars. I had to drive very slowly up the hill slipping the clutch and luckily at the top some very kind men got some buckets of sand out of the container and scattered in front of my wheels to give me enough grip to get on to the main road. My DD who is 7 months pregnant could not get out of her work car park as it was ungritted and like an icerink so DH had to pick her up and collect my DGD from nursery as it closed early. Never known it as bad down here for years. No sign of any snow today yet though. We are either walking everywhere today or staying put. The south west is not great for gritting anything beyond the main roads and so many hills are death traps unless gritted.

You are best staying in AC.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Yes you are right enthusiastic:) It has been snowing for the last 20 mins or so. Apparently today was always gonna be the worst day .
    Hope everyone is ok . Feel sorry for the poor animals .

Had a couple of problems with Ebay . They seem to have updated their system again and I had to go into the App Store to reload it .
    Also had an email from legal and general advising me to click onto s link about their anti virus system coming to an end . Something like that. I assume it is a scam .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure