My Policy My Crash should named drivers have claim against them?

Options
So today after stupid amounts of work with insurance company underwriters not insuring me due to incorrect information provided (Information that is correct and accurate) I managed to speak to a manager at one company to find out an insurance claim from(Feb 2017 - that I opened in in My Name and told them I was driving) that I have been informed by my old insurance(Hastings Direct) was settled (I have the letter emailed to me as proof) now im being told that on the CUE system it's showing as unsettled and furthor more the claim has been marked against my self and both named drviers on my police is this correct?

So my Main Questions,

How long after a claim is settled should it take to go on to CUE?
Are Named Drivers responsible for a claim made by a Policy Holder when they had no involvement?

Comments

• theone999
    Options
    Barkermn01 wrote: »
    So today after stupid amounts of work with insurance company underwriters not insuring me due to incorrect information provided (Information that is correct and accurate) I managed to speak to a manager at one company to find out an insurance claim from(Feb 2017 - that I opened in in My Name and told them I was driving) that I have been informed by my old insurance(Hastings Direct) was settled (I have the letter emailed to me as proof) now im being told that on the CUE system it's showing as unsettled and furthor more the claim has been marked against my self and both named drviers on my police is this correct?

So my Main Questions,

How long after a claim is settled should it take to go on to CUE?
    Are Named Drivers responsible for a claim made by a Policy Holder when they had no involvement?

your question is similar i guess to my other thread, which is that as a named driver, I was involved in an accident on policyholders car.

tell me, on CUE, what do you mean that a claim has been "marked" against named drivers?

You see, I'm wondering what will happen to me at renewal. I can answer yes, I was involved in an accident. But surely I can't have a "fault claim" against my name, as I was not the policyholder. Only the person who has paid for the policy, ie the policyholder could possibly have a claim, any named driver at worst merely had an "incident"?
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    theone999 wrote: »

You see, I'm wondering what will happen to me at renewal. I can answer yes, I was involved in an accident. But surely I can't have a "fault claim" against my name, as I was not the policyholder. Only the person who has paid for the policy, ie the policyholder could possibly have a claim, any named driver at worst merely had an "incident"?
    If your incident resulted in a claim and your insurer paid out but was unable to get reimbursed in full by any other party then you do have a fault claim to disclose.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure