IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.

Bought ticket but PPC says not displayed

edited 28 December 2017 at 8:35PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
14 replies 919 views
georgd84georgd84 Forumite
17 Posts
Fourth Anniversary 10 Posts
Forumite
edited 28 December 2017 at 8:35PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hello
I am being taken to court by MIL Collections for an alleged "debt" which they have bought. I deny the debt. Hoping for some advice and thanks in anticipation.
Brief outline.
30/05/17 Bought and displayed a ticket at carpark run by Llawnroc Parking. Got a PCN, they said ticket was not displayed. Sent them pic of ticket by email and when they ignored it sent a copy by recorded delivery. They said "appeal" not accepted. Months later the "debt" was allegedly assigned to MIL Collections. Followed all the usual advice to point out debt was denied etc.
14/10/17 Received court claim form from MIL Collections. Acknowledged service and said I will defend. Working on my defence but can't seem to find any previous examples where a ticket was purchased but the PPC claiming incorrectly displayed. I am guessing that many of the usual defences will be helpful such as poor signage, no evidence of contract with landowner, poorly worded particulars of claim (they simply say they purchased the debt and give times and dates of parking) etc. Unfortunately, I snatched up the ticket to check it before taking a photo of it on the dashboard.
Any help on the ticket not displayed claim very gratefully received.
Thank you.
David

Replies

• OK , at the start of this episode , did you give them your full name and address , or did they obtain this from the DVLA at a later date
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • georgd84georgd84 Forumite
    17 Posts
    Forumite
    Hi
    I was naive because I had not dealt with any of these "businesses" before so yes I wrote to them giving my name address because (wrongly as it turned out) I thought they would have accepted they had made a mistake. Clearly my mistake.
    David
  • ok , you are now dealing with a debt buying company , that have no interest in the case (and prob no info)

thay are trying to get you to pay up by threatening court action , but often will fold when challenged , or simply fail to turn up at court on the day

start reading about MIL collections , good start here http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/search?q=mil+collections
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    17 Posts
    Forumite
    Hi
    Thanks for your very swift response. I have read the above. I have perhaps not made it clear that they have issued a county court claim against me. I'm looking for any help on setting out my defence. Thanks again.
    D
  • PS: , dont forget , you say ticket was visible , they say it was not

your word against parking operative

you would like to discuss this with him in court ,

as MIL have only paid about £1 for your case , ie Llawnroc parking. have only got a token £1 , they are likely to decline to appear in YOUR local court

you say this was "a few mths ago" , WHEN was it ?
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    17 Posts
    Forumite
    Hi
    Alleged parking infringement 30/05/17
    After various correspondence with lawnroc including claims and offers from debt collectors the "debt" was assigned on 17/10/17 and MIL wrote asking for payment and threatening court action on 28/10/17. They issued the court claim on 12/12/17 and I ackowledged service online on 15/12/17.
    Lawnroc never produced evidence the ticket was not correctly displayed although they claim they have "studied photographs".
    It may be worth noting that I am in Truro where MIL are based so perhaps I will meet someone in court! Also I have had a suggestion locally that MIL and Lawnroc parking are connected.
    Thanks again for taking an interest, much appreciated.
    D
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    113.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Here you go:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72412155#post72412155

Same sort of defence as we used to do last year v MIL, should see them off without a hearing.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • nosferatu1001nosferatu1001 Forumite
    13K Posts
    10,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Yep, they won’t want to go to a hearing and lose, again

How’s the dvla complaint? You’re demanding an explanation why another company is breaching the DPA, using dvla data, AGAIN despite the dvla being very clear that this would not happen again
  • Yep, they won’t want to go to a hearing and lose, again

How’s the dvla complaint? You’re demanding an explanation why another company is breaching the DPA, using dvla data, AGAIN despite the dvla being very clear that this would not happen again

the OP handed his info to the PPC , so no breach of DVLA info
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • nosferatu1001nosferatu1001 Forumite
    13K Posts
    10,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Ah boo
    Missed that! Either way, no possible interest exists. Champertous
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Check your Clubcard vouchers

Use our trick to extend them

MSE News

Preparing for summer

What MoneySaving things can you do now to get ready?

MSE Forum

Hot Diamonds 40% off code

Including already-reduced outlet stock

MSE Deals