Ipad keeps asking me to enter my password for email

Options
My iPad keeps asking me to enter my password for one of my email addresses (not the one I use for Apple ID), the message pops up randomly and can be 7 or 8 times a day, is this some kind of virus or is my other email address stored somewhere on my iPad that I do actually need to enter my password for?

It’s not on my new iPad Pro (Xmas present I’ve asked about in another thread on here), this is my old iPad mini

Thanks in advance everyone

Comments

• saver87
    Options
    Make sure the iPad has the latest Apple iOS software.

Once you input the password, does you email account then connect and receive emails?

I know it works ok on your new one, but when I had this issue in the past I reset the password of the email account and then updated it on the iPad and it fixed the issue.
    :beer: Happy New Year and all the best for 2018!

12k for 2018 challenge. 0 / 12000
  • another_casualty
    Options
    I had a similar problem . Also , a pita is when you have all Apple products and once you reset the password on one device it doesn’t do it to all .

Not sure if this’ll work for you , but basically it involves going into system preferences and changing it there.
    I’m on gmail for email :

What I did, was send myself an email from my iPad . The error message comes up and says system preferences. Then I just pressed the button . Then I entered my password . Job done .
    I had to do the same on all devices .

Hope this helps
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family